Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] GPS coordinates lost on Ray50
12-10-17, 07:18 AM (This post was last modified: 12-11-17 12:10 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] GPS coordinates lost on Ray50
I have a ray50 vhf, an ES127 chart plotter, and an RS150 GPS installed. Recently, my radio alarms that it has lost the GPS coordinates. After a few minutes, the coordinates are restored. When this happens the coordinates are ok on the chart plotter and there are no other errors. I checked the connections to the radio and they are tight.

What else could I check?

Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-11-17, 12:10 PM
RE: [CA] GPS coordinates lost on Ray50
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum nharrison5,

When a system features more than one source of any specific type of data (ex. GPS, wind, speed (STW), depth, etc.), then MFD's Data Sources feature (HOME->SET-UP->SYSTEM SETTINGS->DATA SOURCES) must be used to specify which source will be used for each type of data for which more than one source is present within the system. In this case, the Data Sources feature must be used to specify that the Ray150 GPS Sensor will serve as the system's GPS data source (recommend the Manual source selection option). Failure to perform this specification may result in the symptom which you have reported.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply