Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] GPX file uploads for eS127
12-25-17, 04:43 PM (This post was last modified: 12-29-17 11:33 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] GPX file uploads for eS127
When the GPX data file on a micro sim card inserted into the eS127 is selected to be uploaded to the eS127, where is the data stored?

I want to use two different chart cards, one Navionics and one C-map for the area we are cruising with the uploaded gpx file waypoints.

Is the gpx data uploaded and saved onto internal memory or must I keep the micro sim card from which i am uploading the data in the eS127 at all times?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-27-17, 01:52 PM (This post was last modified: 12-29-17 11:33 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] GPX file uploads for eS127
Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum Lazybones,

Q. Is the gpx data uploaded and saved onto internal memory or must I keep the micro sim card from which i am uploading the data in the eS127 at all times?
A. Note: to avoid potentially corrupting / deleting cartography stored on one's chart card, it is generally considered a best practice to use a memory card other than a chart card for backing up / transporting waypoint / route / track / system data.

Unlike cartography, which is read interactively from the chart card(s) within the reader(s) of the system's MFDs, waypoint, route, and track data is maintained within the MFD's internal memory. Once created via the MFD's user interface or imported into the MFD from a GPX file, the microSD containing the GPX file need not be present in the MFD's memory card reader ... unless you have used your chart card as the transport mechanism for the GPX file.
12-28-17, 06:26 PM (This post was last modified: 12-29-17 11:33 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thank you.
12-29-17, 08:26 AM (This post was last modified: 12-29-17 11:33 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
You're welcome.