Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Replacing an es97 with an Axiom Pro 16 RVX
01-24-18, 11:43 PM (This post was last modified: 01-25-18 09:23 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] Replacing an es97 with an Axiom Pro 16 RVX
Boat came with Es97 installed with P58 and B60 transducers. I will be installing an Axiom Pro 16 RVX with the RV-100 all in one transducer. My questions, 1-how will the Axiom Pro display speed readings as the RV-100 is for depth and temp only? 2- can I use the B 60 with the Axiom Pro RVX,
Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-25-18, 09:15 AM (This post was last modified: 02-15-18 09:57 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] Replacing an es97 with an Axiom Pro 16 RVX
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Mark,

Unlike the Axiom DV MFDs and Axiom RV MFDs, the Axiom Pro RVX MFDs are not compatible with A-Series transducers such as the P58. However, Axiom Pro RVX MFDs may be adapted ( part #A80496) for use with transducers which had been designed to be directly mated (i.e. no adaptation) to the transducer socket of a CP370, CP300, DSM30, DSM300, or DSM250. The belongs to a family of transducers, each specifically designed to be interfaced to a depth instrument, A-Series fishfinding product (ex. ax7/cx7/e7D/ex7/eSx7 MFD, DS400X/500X/600X, or DSM25), or CP370/CP300/DSM30/DSM300/DSM250 fishfinder sounder module. Should the B60 transducer have been designed to be directly mated to a CP370/CP300/DSM30/DSM300/DSM250 fishfinder sounder module, then it may be adapted for use with the Axiom Pro RVX MFD or replaced with a version of the B60 transducer may may then be adapted for use with the Axiom Pro RVX MFD. The latter may be desirable, as it may permit the system to track bottom at speeds greater than may be supported transom mounted transducers.

With respect to adding Speed (STW) data to a system featuring an Axiom Pro RVX MFD, please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.
01-26-18, 10:21 PM (This post was last modified: 01-29-18 08:55 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thank you Chuck,
After reviewing all of the paperwork that came with the boat and closer inspection, it appears that the transom transducer is a P39 designed specifically for integration with Mercury SmartCraft. So I guess I am going to just leave that transducer connected to the SmartCraft system? I don't know if the speed info will be passed thru to the new MFD through the SeaTalk connection? If not the integrated GPS should provide SOG?
There is an Airmar accessory cable(customer part #E66066) connected to the transducer port of the eS97. I am assuming that the B60 (customer part #E66085) is connected to that accessory cable? If this B60 is not the correct version to connect to the new Axiom Pro 16 RVX could you provide the proper part number?
I apologize if I have not correctly understood your reply. I really thought this was going to be more of a plug and play install......should have known better.?
01-29-18, 10:09 AM (This post was last modified: 02-15-18 09:57 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Mark,

Q1. I don't know if the speed info will be passed thru to the new MFD through the SeaTalk connection?
A1. This would be dependent upon which data items the Mercury engine gateway bridges to NMEA 2000 ... typically, such data is limited to engine data.

Q2. If not the integrated GPS should provide SOG?
A2. Absolutely. If the MFD is receiving a GPS position FIX from either its internal GPS receiver or from and external GPS data source, then configuring the MFD to overlay the display with the SOG data item will then permit the MFD to display speed over ground data.

Q3. There is an Airmar accessory cable(customer part #E66066) connected to the transducer port of the eS97. I am assuming that the B60 (customer part #E66085) is connected to that accessory cable? If this B60 is not the correct version to connect to the new Axiom Pro 16 RVX could you provide the proper part number?
A3. The E66066 Transducer adapter cable is designed to adapt transducers which had been designed to be directly mated (i.e. no adaptation) to the transducer socket of a CP370, CP300, DSM30, DSM300, or DSM250 to instead be mated to the fishfinder Transducer socket of and ax7/cx7/e7D/ex7/eSx7 MFD. Disconnecting the B60's cable from the E66066 adapter should then permit the transducer's cable to be plugged into the aforementioned A80496 Adapter for the Axiom Pro RVX MFD.
02-03-18, 11:31 PM (This post was last modified: 02-05-18 10:17 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Update:
Axiom Pro installed, everything seems to be playing nicely with each other including the B60 transducer with the adapter cable you recommended.
The only issue seems to be with the info from the Mercury Vessel View gateway.
I can see RPM and heading, but not much else (fuel, trim,temps etc.). Is there anything I can do to access the additional info on the Vessel View and display on the "dashboard"screen on the Axiom?
Thank you
02-05-18, 10:45 AM (This post was last modified: 02-15-18 09:57 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Mark,

I would recommend that you first try updating the MFD's software to v3.3.170 if you have not done so already. If so and should the problem persist, then it would be recommended that a NMEA 2000 analyzer (see related FAQ here) be interfaced to the NMEA 2000 backbone to verify that the corresponding PGNs and missing data items are indeed present with NMEA 2000 data being transmitted to the NMEA 2000 backbone. It would additionally be recommended that these PGN be inspected to verify that they are being populated with Instance Numbers corresponding to those specified within the FAQ addressing interfacing engines to Axiom MFDs. Should the Instance Numbers not be consistent with those specified within the referenced FAQ, then the MFD would be unable to display data contained within the corresponding PGNs.
02-15-18, 12:16 AM (This post was last modified: 02-15-18 09:56 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Chuck, Updated to the latest version 3.3.170. The additional engine info is still not displayed. I'm not sure why the info was available to display on the es97 and not on the new Axiom Pro? Would the PGN's with their instance numbers be different from the es97 and the Axiom Pro models? I guess I will have to find someone in the area with the expertise to analyze the NMEA system.
Regards,
Mark
02-15-18, 10:07 AM
Mark,
Please be aware that we are not aware of any engine interfacing issues through 3 major software release of LightHouse 3 software. It may have been possible that your prior MFD running LH II software had been configured to display engine data from engines other than Engine 1 and Engine 2 (ex. Engine 1 and Engine 3, Engine 1 and Engine 4, etc.). The previously specified FAQ identifies what the Instance IDs for engine data must be configured to for a two engine system. Should the Mercury NMEA 2000 engine gateway be transmitting other instance IDs, then the MFD will need to be configured to display data from other engines. Better yet, Mercury Marine or a Mercury marine technician should be contacted to verify and if necessary make the necessary changes to have the engines output Instance IDs consistent with the NMEA 2000 convention specified within the previously referenced FAQ.
02-15-18, 10:46 AM (This post was last modified: 02-15-18 11:02 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thank you Chuck...I will contact Mercury Marine
Mark
02-15-18, 11:03 AM
You're welcome.