Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] NEED Classic A65 Unit!!! Help!
02-06-18, 11:11 AM (This post was last modified: 02-06-18 04:30 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] NEED Classic A65 Unit!!! Help!
My A65 screen just took a dump...all functions and "brains" work, I just Need a new A65 Unit.....any suggestions or anyone have one for sale ??? I've been on ebay and the like....no good ones yet.....any help appreciated.....thx Capt JT
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-06-18, 04:29 PM (This post was last modified: 02-06-18 04:34 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: NEED Classic A65 Unit!!! Help!
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum jtleeds,

As the A65 Chartplotters and A65 Chartplotter / Fishfinders were retired quite some time ago, it may be a challenge to locate a replacement. Please note that the transducers designed for use with the DSM25, may be adapted for use with the Axiom DV MFDs. These transducers are also compatible with the ax7, cx7, e7D, ex7, and eSx7 MFDs which the Axiom MFDs will be replacing.
02-07-18, 10:53 AM
RE: [CA] NEED Classic A65 Unit!!! Help!
Ok great Chuck thx!! I was going to call Tech to see what units would be a possibility to use w/o having to install new "brains" (ala DSM25)....I will write down these models and start looking in case I can't find an A65.....main ? is: if I get one of the models you listed, can I plug it in to the DSM25 and use it?? AND, what about transferring All my waypoints from the Flashcard to the new card ??? must be able to do this before I would buy a different model....thx Justin
02-08-18, 10:59 AM
jtleeds,

Q1. If I get one of the models you listed, can I plug it in to the DSM25 and use it?
A1. Negative. As the MFDs which I had suggested feature internal 600W 50kHz/200kHz fishfinder circuitry, the DSM25 will no longer be needed. Instead, the transducer will be unplugged from the DSM and then either plugged directly into the MFD's transducer socket or plugged into a transducer adapter cable, which in turn will be plugged into the MFD's transducer socket.

Q2. What about transferring All my waypoints from the Flashcard to the new card?
A2. If the A65 will not switch ON, then the waypoints should be considered lost. However, if the A65 can be switched on, then its waypoints may be saved to a compatible CF memory card. This action will result in the creation of a FSH to be stored onto the CF memory card. The MFDs which I have specified do not support FSH files ... they support GPX files. Please click here to view the FAQ addressing transferring data from retired MFDs to Axiom & a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs.
02-09-18, 10:18 AM
Chuck, what about an A70D ?? can I use it w my A65 set up ? plug and play.

Also, what about an a78 ? will that work?
thx Justin
02-09-18, 10:28 AM (This post was last modified: 02-09-18 10:30 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
jtleeds,

While the A50D/A57D/A70D A-Series Classic MFDs have not been produced in some time, these would each be compatible with the transducer which is presently interfaced to the DSM25. The power and data cables used by the A60/A65 differ from those used by the A50D/A57D/A70D A-Series Classic MFDs.

The a78 MFD is not compatible with your currently installed MFD. Please see my prior response addressing which a/c/e/eS-Series MFDs and Axiom MFDs may be used with your currently installed transducer. The power and data cables used by the A60/A65 differ from those used by thea/c/e/eS-Series MFDs and Axiom MFDs.