Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Ray55 VHF reception problems
02-15-18, 09:22 AM (This post was last modified: 02-15-18 11:06 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] Ray55 VHF reception problems
I have a Ray55 VHF radio vintage 2010 (V 1.13) in cabin and Raymic installed at helm.
I can transmit but can not receive. Changing power and Local/distant sensitivity do nothing. I can transmit and hear on my Standard Horizon handheld, can do a radio check with Sea Tow and hear the playback on my handheld, get VSWR of 1.1 on the mast head antenna and on emergency antenna so there is obviously something wrong with receiver section.

So I assume receiver is shot. Is it worth trying to get it fixed or should I just buy a new VHF radio and replace it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-15-18, 11:21 AM
RE: [CA] Ray55 VHF reception problems
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum mauruuru,

For the benefit of others who may be viewing this thread, the FAQ found here addresses how one may troubleshoot the problem described by mauruuru. In this case, should Ray55 feature US (vs. the International) channels and should the VHF radio additionally not be able to receive NOAA weather channels, then it would indeed appear that the VHF radio's receiver circuitry has suffered a failure. Repairs to a Ray55's receiver circuity Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to address the reported symptoms would typically cost approximately $170.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply