Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(DG) Adding E120 to Seatalkng Netwrok?
07-20-18, 04:48 PM (This post was last modified: 07-24-18 07:40 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: (DG11) Adding E120 to Seatalkng Netwrok?
Hi Derek,
If staying at the dock with the boat heading East and I place the autopilot in "Auto" at a 90° compass heading and then select a waypoint off to the South, should I see the autopilot attempt to steer? Or, does the boat have to be moving for the change in course to occur?
Thanks,
Jeff

Thanks,
Jeff Gardiner
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-23-18, 10:50 AM (This post was last modified: 07-24-18 07:40 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
HI Jeffg,

Assuming that the heading from the Autopilot is correct and that the heading is showing correctly on the MFD, once you have initated a GOTO on the MFD you should see the BTW of the new waypoint showing on the autopilot control head.

Usually, with an active Waypoint in the MFD, when you select TRACK mode, you would expect to see the autopilot start to turn the drive to initiate a turn onto the new track. In AUTO the pilot will just try to steer to the current heading .

Thanks
Derek
07-23-18, 02:40 PM (This post was last modified: 07-24-18 07:40 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hi Derek,
Thanks for the reply. I set up a few waypoints on the MFD and selected go to waypoint. With the autopilot in “track” the AP head showed the next Waypoint and the new bearing to it. IT WORKS!
Thank you so much for your help with this.
Jeff

Thanks,
Jeff Gardiner
07-24-18, 11:12 AM
RE: (DG) Adding E120 to Seatalkng Netwrok?
Hi Jeffg

Excellent news,

best regards
Derek