Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[CA] How to transfer way-points from Classic C 80 to Axiom Pro RVX
02-26-18, 08:15 PM (This post was last modified: 02-27-18 09:31 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] How to transfer way-points from Classic C 80 to Axiom Pro RVX
I have several hundred way-points I need to transfer from my retired Classic C 80 to a newly installed Axiom Pro RVX 12. What are my options? What hardware and software do I need? Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-27-18, 09:35 AM (This post was last modified: 02-27-18 09:43 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] How to transfer way-points from Classic C 80 to Axiom Pro RVX
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum karlista,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. You will need the following hardware:
- a compatible CF memory card to use for saving the waypoints from your C-Series Classic MFD ... if you don't already have one which you have been using for backing up / transferring data, then you may want to save them to your Navionics chart card. Doing so will create an Archive.FSH file within the root level directory of the CF memory card being used.
- a microSD memory card with a SD adapter sleeve ... all current MFDs are designed to use microSD memory cards
- a SD memory card reader ... common in many laptops; USB readers are also available from most retailers of PC products

Should your PC skills or hardware not be up to the task, then you may want to make the condition of moving your data from the CF memory card to either a microSD memory card or directly into the Axiom Pro MFD's memory part of the purchase agreement.
02-27-18, 07:50 PM (This post was last modified: 02-28-18 09:25 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks Chuck. I read all of the link posts and I think I understand. One question: When I go to the link to purchase Raymarine RayTechâ„¢ RNS Navigation Software v6.2, it is the link to purchase charts only. Would you provide a good link for the Raymarine RayTechâ„¢ RNS Navigation Software v6.2 pruchase? Thanks.
02-28-18, 09:28 AM
karlista,

RayTech RNS 6.2 would not be recommended for this purpose. Instead, Raymarine’s FSH to GPX Converter PC application is recommended by the previously referenced FAQ for the purpose of producing a GPX file from the data within an Archive.FSH file. Raymarine's Voyage Planner PC software is recommended for all PC based waypoint/route planning for all Raymarine MFDs.