Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Dragonfly Axiom etc
03-01-18, 04:42 PM (This post was last modified: 03-02-18 12:08 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] Dragonfly Axiom etc
Hi all!
It has been a while.... Back about 2012-13 I bought a GPS/Fish finder by Raymarine for my Sea Ray 390 Express. The unit was impressive but I sold it with the boat in 2015.... Yes ! Iregret that sale but I am getting too old to look after a 40 foot Sea Ray! Now I have downsized to an old Crestliner Phantom 185, 1987, and it has an original Third party depth sounder/fish finder..Still works but I expect its days are numbered!! No other electronics except a marine radio. I boat/fish on Thunder Bay of Lake Superior and I would like to add a GPS/finder to my very limited helm-dash. I do not expect to cruise any distances with the boat but L Superior charts would be required plus Ontario inland lakes if available.... I think probably a Dragonfly 7 would be the max size and that size screen might be easier for me to read than a 4... I am amazed at the variety offered in addition to Dragonfly.. I am interested in opinions by those who know much more than I do!! I am 75 so maybe just a few years left??
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-02-18, 12:22 PM (This post was last modified: 03-02-18 12:26 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] Dragonfly Axiom etc
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum John,

I completely empathize with limited space for mounting electronics on small runabouts, particularly older ones which gave little or no thought to the possibility that the boat's owner may want to install electronics onboard. The Dragonfly 7 Pro w/Navionics+ chart card would be a great addition to the boat and would appear to satisfy the requirements which you have specified, without being overkill. If seeking a display with faster processor, ability to expand the features of the system, lower mounting height, and the ability to support manually created routes and autorouting, then it would be recommended that an Axiom 7 DV MFD w/Navionics+ chart card be considers. Both products offer the same DownVision and high CHIRP conical sonar. The package of both of these products also includes a Navionics+ chart card which has been pre-populated with nautical charts for the US and Canada (coastal and fresh water).
03-04-18, 05:51 PM (This post was last modified: 03-05-18 08:39 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks Chuck!
JRM
03-05-18, 08:39 AM
You're welcome.