Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] IP Address
03-03-18, 03:33 PM (This post was last modified: 03-05-18 04:24 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] IP Address
I am trying to connect my es97 to my home wireless network to update charts etc. Service provider is Comcast with a Cisco router supplied by them. es97 tells me "(my network name) has issued an IP address which conflicts with your Raymarine network 10.0.0.30 Please change the access point settings or contact the network administrator."
Comcast has not been of help (yet). Supposedly someone that actually knows something will contact me within the next 2-3 years.
Can this be fixed within the es97?
Thx
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-05-18, 04:21 PM (This post was last modified: 03-05-18 04:22 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] IP Address
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum dhs.short,

In short, there is no setting which may be changed within the MFD's settings to correct this behavior. The Wi-Fi router/access point which you are attempting to connect your MFD's Wi-Fi to appears to have been configured to issue Class A Private Network IP network addresses. Such addresses will conflict with Raymarine products having Wi-Fi communication interfaces. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. It is recommended that your ISP, Cisco, or the party who set up your Wi-Fi router/access point be contacted to program the device to either use DHCP IP addressing or IP address ranges which are not in conflict with the Class A IP address range used by Raymarine and have been specified within the referenced FAQ.
03-06-18, 01:37 PM
Thanks Chuck
Comcast spent a long time with me on the phone, she tried very hard. But no.
2 screen shots attached. It does seem to be using DHCP. Seems to show address range that does not include 10.0.0.30 the MFD says conflicts. Can you tell me what address range to enter?
2nd screen shot shows a place to add a specific wifi device. Do you have that MAC address for the eS97?

Comcast gal said might connect if I used an older modem without their up to date encryption. Do not really want to do all that.

I have updated charts w/SD card. I believe I can do likewise for software, although I am up to date now.
Thx
03-07-18, 08:13 AM
dhs.short,

As indicated within the previously referenced FAQ, all Raymarine products featuring Ethernet communications interfaces manufactured since 2005 have been designed to function in a Class A Private Network (IP address range 10.0.0.0 - 10.255.255.255). This is the range of addresses which must be allowed by the Wi-Fi router.
03-07-18, 02:45 PM
OK
Router won't allow me to spec that range. I'll have to use SD cards.
Thx
03-07-18, 02:47 PM (This post was last modified: 03-07-18 02:54 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Noted. You may want to alternatively set your Wi-Fi router back to DHCP and then configure the router's MAC Filtering settings to include your MFD's MAC address. The MFD's MAC address may be determined by displaying the Select Devices List (HOME->SET-UP->MAINTENANCE->SELECT DEVICE), then select your MFD from the list of devices, and then scroll the device's information to the bottom, where its MAC address will be listed.