Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA11] MFD update with exist transducer?
04-01-18, 03:06 PM (This post was last modified: 05-22-18 09:15 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] MFD update with exist transducer?
I currently have a C80 classic with a ST60 and was interested in upgrading to better technology with touch screen fast response in an 9" display. My boat is a cruiser and I travel the northeast coastline.

I would rather not replace my Airmar P319, P/N: 31-168-9-01 through hull transducer.

It doesn't appear I can use the Axiom 9 unfortunately. What other Raymarine unit would be compatible with my transducer, talk to my ST60 unit, and have a C80 adaptor plate available?

Thanks in advance.

Bill
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-04-18, 09:29 AM (This post was last modified: 04-04-18 09:35 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] MFD update with exist transducer?
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Bill,

Q1. I currently have a C80 classic with a ST60 and was interested in upgrading to better technology with touch screen fast response in an 9" display. My boat is a cruiser and I travel the northeast coastline. I would rather not replace my Airmar P319, P/N: 31-168-9-01 through hull transducer.
A1. The transducer which you have identified was designed to be interfaced to a DSM250, DSM30, or DSM300 which in turn would have been interfaced to the C-Series Classic MFD to permit use of the MFD's fishfinder features. This same transducer may be adapted for use with any of the following Axiom/Axiom Pro products to support 50kHz / 200kHz conical fishfinder sonar features:
- Axiom DV MFDs - use Adapter A80489
- Axiom RV MFDs - use Adapter A80485
- Axiom Pro RVX MFDs - use Adapter A80496

Q2. Have a C80 adaptor plate available?
A2. Unfortunately this particular adaptor plate was a little delayed, it is now in production and so the AXIOM 9 adaptor plate bezel for the Classic C80/E80 is part number A80564. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing where one may obtain the latest information concerning Raymarine products / parts availability and pricing.
05-20-18, 08:40 AM (This post was last modified: 05-21-18 08:09 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks Chuck. I have finally installed the Axiom 9 with the RV-100 transducer. I included the A80492 transducer Y cable to also use my existing through-hull P319 and setup both transducers on the Axiom.

Question, I cannot get the water temperature to show up on the Axiom. I added to the fish finder screen but it never shows any data -.-

I have followed the FAQ for setting up water temp. I assume this has something to do with having the two transducers?

Let me know your thoughts?

Thanks

Bill
05-21-18, 09:40 AM
Bill,

From a prioritization standpoint, when used with a Y-Cable, the Axiom RV MFDs will prioritize temperature sensed by the RealVision Transducer's thermistor over that of the 50kHz/200kHz transducer. Please verify that the MFD has been updated with the LightHouse 3 v3.4.66 software update and if not, update the MFD's software accordingly. After doing so, it is recommended that a Factory Reset operation (back up any valuable waypoint, route, and/or track data before doing so) and that the system then be tested again. Should the problem persist, then it would indicate a problem with the Y-Cable or RealVision transducer. The problem may be fault isolated by bypassing the Y-Cable and connecting the RealVision transducer directly to the Axiom RV MFD's transducer socket. Should the problem abate when so connected then it would be recommended that the Axiom Y-Cable to sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / replaced.
05-21-18, 12:19 PM (This post was last modified: 05-22-18 09:14 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] MFD update with exist transducer?
Chuck

Yes I updated the LH3 to v3.4.66 prior to launching the vessel. The RV and P319 report to the MFD perfectly. I just read about overlaying the water temperature screen the other day.

I will try a do a factory reset later today first and if not try removing the Y cable and plugin the RV TD in direct second.

I will report back.

Thanks
05-24-18, 08:35 PM (This post was last modified: 05-25-18 08:46 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Ok update on this issue with no temp. The reset didnt work. I unplugged the Y-cable and installed the RV-100 direct to Axiom. The water temp came right up on the Axoim and the STNG backbone right away.

Hard to believe I got a bad cable that I bought new in package a month ago and just installed but I will get the process of sending it back to be checked out.

Thanks

Bill
05-25-18, 08:46 AM
You're welcome.