Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Back Up Camera
09-11-19, 09:03 AM
RE: [CA] Back Up Camera
After a long delay I’m back to the camera idea. Is it the case that all raymarine cameras are ip ie NOT wireless? I have an axiom 12 with a quantum radar wired in using the Ethernet ie not using the wireless system. Is there a way of connecting more than one device via the cable. I’m also hearing of things that might be used with the Axiom via WiFi.is this now the case? Thanks Mark
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-11-19, 11:21 AM
RE: [CA] Back Up Camera
Mark,

Q1. Is it the case that all raymarine cameras are ip ie NOT wireless?
A1. Raymarine offers marine cameras having analog video interfaces (CAM50, CAM100) and wired IP interfaces (CAM210 and CAM220). Raymarine does not presently offer WiFi cameras.

Q2. I have an axiom 12 with a quantum radar wired in using the Ethernet ie not using the wireless system. Is there a way of connecting more than one device via the cable.
A2. Within systems featuring Axiom MFDs and more than one other device having an Ethernet (RayNet, SeaTalkhs, RJ45) interface, then a HS5 RayNet Network Switch(es) must be installed. The MFD and each compatible device having an Ethernet communications interface would then be interfaced to the HS5 RayNet Network Switch.

Q3. I’m also hearing of things that might be used with the Axiom via WiFi.is this now the case?
A3. Please clarify.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply