Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New install
04-04-16, 07:22 PM
New install
I will be picking up my new 2016 Crownline 255SS with a Mercruiser 6.2L engine just as soon as the weather breaks here in Buffalo.
There is a spot in the dash for a Raymarine A6* unit.
My dealer says that he can only do the A65 but I question why.
I would like to install the A68 with Downvision and Wi-Fi and CPT-100 transducer along with the NMEA module and wire harness/cables to hook to the engine’s ‘Smart Craft’ port.

Can you please advise a complete list of components I would need to complete this installation.

Thank you
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-05-16, 09:07 AM (This post was last modified: 04-05-16 09:09 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: New install
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum dsuriani,

One of the following a68 options would typically be selected by North American customers. These are differentiated only by whether and what type of chart card is bundled with the MFD:
- E70207 a68 5.7" Multifunction Display with built-in DownVision and Wi-Fi and CPT-100 transducer No chart
- E70207-LNC a68 5.7" Multifunction Display with built-in DownVision and Wi-Fi and CPT-100 transducer US LightHouse Vector charts
- T70201-US a68 5.7" Multifunction Display with built-in DownVision and Wi-Fi and CPT-100 transducer US C-MAP Essentials
- T70201-NAG a68 5.7" Multifunction Display with built-in DownVision and Wi-Fi and CPT-100 transducer Navionics +

Should your boat be equipped with a SmartCraft display featuring a NMEA 2000 interface (ex. MercMonitor, VesselView, etc.), then the SmartCraft display will be functioning as the engine system's NMEA 2000 engine gateway.

Should your boat not be equipped with a SmartCraft display featuring a NMEA 2000 interface, then a SmartCraft to NMEA 2000 Engine Gateway will need to be interfaced to your Mercury engine system per the engine manufacturer's instructions.

Please click here to view a FAQ providing further information concerning how to interface a NMEA 2000 Engine Gateway to the Raymarine system.
04-05-16, 08:44 PM
All of my boating is done on Lake Erie out of Buffalo, NY and the inland lakes in NY State.
Which chart card would you recommend?
04-06-16, 09:10 AM
dsuriani,

In this case, I would recommend a Navionics NAV+ chart card. It may be repopulated with higher density data (Nautical Charts, Sonar Charts, and Community Edits) for the Lake Erie Area and nearby NY lakes.