Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Master / Slave configuration for e125 and e9
04-21-18, 09:37 PM (This post was last modified: 04-24-18 01:33 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] Master / Slave configuration for e125 and e9
Hello-

We have an existing setup of an e125 MFD at the nav station, coupled via SeatalkNG to a p70s autopilot head and an i70 display (both at the helm). I recently purchased an e9 MFD and would like to set it up as a slave unit at the helm so I can view the chart data from the e125 and also so I can reset a route XTE without having to go inside to the e125 MFD.

I connected the power and the white SeatalkNG cable to the new e9 unit. It powers up and receives wind data, so it apparently is getting data over the network. However, when I go to the Set Up -> Maintenance -> Data Master screen, the only MFD it sees is itself.

What do I need to do to get these two units talking to each other?

My apologies if this is covered on the CD/DVD that was sent with the unit: the CD is not able to be read off our laptop.

Cheers- Matt
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-24-18, 02:58 PM
RE: [CA] Master / Slave configuration for e125 and e9
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Matt,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. Should your system feature only two devices designed to communicate via an Ethernet network, then the MFDs may simply be interfaced to one another via an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable.
04-25-18, 10:31 PM (This post was last modified: 04-26-18 08:20 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks for that! Seems I need a cable!
04-26-18, 08:21 AM
You're welcome.