Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Axiom 9-C90w-C120- Airmar b744v
04-25-18, 03:11 PM (This post was last modified: 04-27-18 08:48 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] Axiom 9-C90w-C120- Airmar b744v
I currently have installed on my boat the C90w and C120 linked via dsm300 to and Airmar b744v transducer. I just purchased the Axiom 9rv and RV-200 transducer. My question is can I link the b744v transducer to the axiom via Y cable or does it have to be run through the dsm300? I think my dsm300 may be shot. Havent had time to diag it yet but I wanted to see if it was even worth doing. Is there an advantage to running both transducers?

Also, can I link my C series units to the new axiom via seatalk or nema2000 or older version without dsm 300? What functionality could I gain by doing this? Thanks in advance for your time.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-27-18, 10:01 AM (This post was last modified: 04-27-18 10:03 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] Axiom 9-C90w-C120- Airmar b744v
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Rcfiftyone,

For the benefit of others who may be viewing this thread:
- while a C-Series Widescreen MFD and a C-Series Classic MFD may be simultaneously interfaced to a DSM, the DSM30/300 is not designed to simultaneously serve cartography via its Ethernet (SeaTalkhs) and hsb2 communications interfaces.
- As only C-Series Widescreen MFD or the C-Series Classic MFD may receive fishfinder sonar imagery from the single DSM, the MFD on which fishfinder sonar imagery is not desired to be viewed must be switched OFF or disconnected from the DSM to ensure that the other MFD will receive fishfinder sonar imagery from the DSM.

Q1. I just purchased the Axiom 9rv and RV-200 transducer. My question is can I link the b744v transducer to the axiom via Y cable or does it have to be run through the dsm300?
A1. Yes, the DSM may be omitted from the system when using an Axiom RV MFD. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. In the case of transducers designed to be directly mated to a DSM250/DSM30/DSM300/CP370 may instead be connected to an A80492 Axiom RV Y-Cable, which in turn will be interfaced to the Axiom RV MFD's Transducer socket.

Q2. Is there an advantage to running both transducers?
A2. Each type of sonar imaging brings different imaging to the eyes of the operator to draw a more complete view of what lies beneath or is suspended in the water column beneath the vessel. The B744V will additionally bring speed through water data to the system to support trolling operations.

Q3. Can I link my C series units to the new axiom via seatalk or nema2000 or older version without dsm 300? What functionality could I gain by doing this? Thanks in advance for your time.
A3. While it would be possible to interface the C-Series Widescreen MFD to a powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone to a C-Series Widescreen MFD, no cartography, radar imagery, fishfinder imagery, SiriusXM satellite weather / radio, thermal camera, or IP camera video resources will be shared between the Axiom MFD and the C-Series Widescreen MFD. Similarly, While it would be possible to interface the C-Series Classic MFD to a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter within the aforementioned SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone[/url] to a C-Series Widescreen MFD, no cartography, radar imagery, fishfinder imagery, SiriusXM satellite weather / radio, thermal camera, or IP camera video resources will be shared between the Axiom MFD and the C-Series Classic MFD. The Axiom MFD will be limited to sharing system state data, alarm data, and alphanumeric data such as GPS, instrument, depth, temperature, STW, heading, navigational data, etc. with legacy MFDs.
05-05-18, 05:59 PM
Thanks very much for the helpful reply. So i went to plug my transducer into the back of my Axiom 9 only to find that there is no way to plug it in. Only this blanking plug on the back where the socket is supposed to be. Am I missing somthing here?
05-07-18, 09:30 AM
Rcfiftyone,

Your initial post indicated that you had purchased an Axiom 9 RV MFD. Axiom MFDs are available in three variants:
- Axiom: no internal fishfinder circuity
- Axiom DV: internal DownVision & 600W 50kHz/200kHz fishfinder circuitry
- Axiom RV: internal RealVision & 600W 50kHz/200kHz fishfinder circuitry

Should you have purchased an Axiom RV MFD as stated within your initial thread, then the MFD's power/interface panel will feature a socket labeled Transducer having a dust cover. Removal of the dust cover would then permit the Y-Cable to be connected to the MFD's Transducer socket.

Should your MFD not feature a transducer socket, then the incorrect variant of Axiom MFD may have been purchased/ordered. If uncertain, please responde with the model number and serial number of you MFD.
05-07-18, 10:26 PM
The model number of my unit is E70366. Serial number is 1270316. Im guessing that I accidentally purchased the unit without any internal fishfinder circuitry. I have already purchased the RV300 transducer. I have also purchased the y-cable you recomended so I could use my Airmar b744v transducer. Additionally I had to get another adapter cable to allow comnection between the "dsm 300" style connector of the airmar xducer and the 7 pin connector on the y-harness. I guess I can only hope that the seller will exchange my axiom 9 for one with the correct internal circutry. Am I correct in thinking that I want the "RV" model so it will compliment the rv300 transducer?
05-08-18, 08:23 AM
Rcfiftyone,

Q. Am I correct in thinking that I want the "RV" model so it will compliment the rv300 transducer?
A. Yes.