Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] diagram request
04-26-18, 11:42 AM (This post was last modified: 04-27-18 08:33 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] diagram request
Equipment > e127, 18'' DD Digital Raydome, Ray218 VHS. At present the raydome is connected via a raynet cable to port one of the e127. The VHF is connected to the e127 via a NEMA connection .. Port 2 on the e127 is not used. I will be soon adding a raymarine auto pilot and possibly another e series mfd. ... What would be the best way to connect all together . Can the second e series unit be connected directly to the currant e127 ? Would the auto pilot be connected to a Seatalk switch of some type ?

Con you make some recommendations as to the best way to make these connections please.. I was looking for a pictured schematic on the forum but "came up short "
You provide a great service here on this forum and your help is very much appreciated.
Thank you in advance, Tony T
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-27-18, 08:32 AM (This post was last modified: 04-27-18 08:37 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] diagram request
Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum Tony,

Unfortunately, we don't have the bandwidth to produce custom diagrams. However, several sample system diagrams may be found by using the Forum's Search feature to search the System Diagrams category of the Forum for FAQs (no key words need be used in the search). Within these diagrams, you will find several system diagrams including more than one MFD. Please note that with respect to Ethernet, SeaTalkng, SeaTalk, and NMEA 0183 communications, the a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs and Axiom MFDs all interface to one another and supported peripherals much the same way. With respect to communications, these MFDs primarily differ from one another in the present or absence of a NMEA 0183 communications interface(s) and the number of Ethernet communications ports which the MFD has been constructed with.

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how the two MFDs would be interfaced to one another. This FAQ also addresses when an Ethernet network switch (ex. HS5 RayNet Network Switch, etc.) would be required.

A powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone will be install to support interfacing the MFD(s) to the autopilot. As indicated within the FAQ referenced above, the MFD which will be designated as the system's Data Master will need to be interfaced as a spur to the SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone
05-02-18, 06:27 AM
Right now I have an e127 and an HD radar. The radar is connected to the # 1 port of the on the e127. I want to add auto pilot and a second e127 display.
Can I connect the auto pilot to Raynet port 1 of the second display and daisy chain the two e127 # 2 ports together. ?? I looked for some kind of generic diagram display but was unable to find one... I know they are on this forum somewhere as I have used them as a guide in other RM boats I have owned.

Any Help here would be appreciated .. thank you in advance
05-03-18, 03:03 PM
Tony,

Q1. Can I connect the auto pilot to Raynet port 1 of the second display and daisy chain the two e127 # 2 ports together. ??
A1. As indicated within the previously referenced FAQ, it is certainly possible to daisy chain the two MFDs to one another via an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable. However, Evolution autopilots do not feature an Ethernet communications interface and as such, cannot be interfaced to the remaining Ethernet Network (RayNet) socket of the second e127 MFD. Please see my last response in which I specified how the MFD which will be designated as the system's Data Master must be interfaced to a spur socket within the powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone to which the Evolution autopilot components will be interfaced.

Q2. I looked for some kind of generic diagram display but was unable to find one... I know they are on this forum somewhere as I have used them as a guide in other RM boats I have owned.
A2. Within my last response, I specified that the Forum's Search feature to search the System Diagrams category of the Forum for FAQs (no key words need be used in the search) ... simply select check the box adjacent to the System Diagrams forum category to list the FAQs within the System Diagrams category of this forum.