Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Problems syncing Navionics markers/waypoints to e7D Lightouhs 19
05-04-18, 11:51 AM (This post was last modified: 05-04-18 12:34 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] Problems syncing Navionics markers/waypoints to e7D Lightouhs 19
Hi Chuck,

I have Navionics+ in an e7D with lighthouse v19. I am running the Navionics Boating app on my iPad. The mobile device is connected to the MFD's wifi.

On the mobile Navionics app, I created a route (with 28 numbered waypoints). I also created 18 named markers/waypoints on the mobile app, for marinas, state parks, anchorages, etc.

Then I ran Sync. The route was transfered to the e7D successfully, and I can find it and run it. The 28 numbered waypoints are on the e7D, listed in the Waypoints list. However, the 18 named waypoints are not listed there.

Please help.
Thanks.
Judy
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-04-18, 12:29 PM (This post was last modified: 05-04-18 12:34 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] Problems syncing Navionics markers/waypoints to e7D Lightouhs 19
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Judy,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing waypoint, route, track constraints. When using a third party application for such planning purposes, particular attention must be paid to ensuring that these constraints have not been violated, as the third party applications will typically not enforce the MFD's constraints during waypoint and route planning. Should you have verified that none of the constraints listed within the FAQ have been violated and the problem persists, then please attach the GPX file which failed to import to this thread for further analysis.
05-04-18, 02:13 PM (This post was last modified: 05-04-18 03:15 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thank you Chuck.

I have verified that the names of the waypoints in Navionics comply with the constraints listed within the FAQ. A few names were too long previously, but most were in compliance with the constraints.

I ran Sync again. But that procedure didn't update the list of waypoints that I could access via Charts> My Data> Waypoints.

I took a look at the card via My Data. I figured out how to import them manually via My Data>Import Export> retrieve data> SD Card 1> Navionics > Archive > Routes > All_Markers.gpx . Now the waypoints can be accessed via Charts > My Data> Waypoints

Do you have any suggestions how to eliminate the need to import the All_Markers.gpx file in the future? Did I fail to do something properly the first time?

Thank you in advance
Judy
05-04-18, 03:18 PM
Judy,

A feature request has been logged to cause the Plotter Synch feature to automatically import waypoints and routes as part of the synchronization process. This feature will be considered for inclusion within a future LightHouse 3 software update.

Please click here more information concerning product and feature suggestions.