Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA11] C80 display fuzzy
05-18-18, 01:53 PM (This post was last modified: 05-18-18 02:09 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] C80 display fuzzy
Several times now I've turned on the C80 and sometimes the whole display is fuzzy, you can kind of see what's there but it's jumping back and forth. Sometimes it's just the top data boxes that are effected.
I've "fixed" it by tonking the top edges of the C80 with the palm of my hand.
What's the permanent fix to make the display work properly when the system is turned on?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-18-18, 02:09 PM (This post was last modified: 05-18-18 02:09 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] C80 display fuzzy
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Dave,

Given the symptoms reported, it appears that there is a problem with the internal circuitry of the MFD, necessitating that it be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.
06-09-18, 11:48 AM (This post was last modified: 06-11-18 10:47 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
What do you think about trying some CRC 2-26 spray?

I've used it on a number of remote controls with micro-switches and controllers with sections of the display not working and it's fix them.
06-11-18, 10:49 AM (This post was last modified: 06-11-18 10:52 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Dave,

Unfortunately, information detailing how to repair equipment is outside of the scope of support which we can supply. Please additionally note that then the span of time which has elapsed between my initial response and my latest response, Raymarine's Product Repair Center has announce that it can no longer service Raymarine's A/C/E-Series Classic MFDs. If not considering replacement of the MFD with a current MFD design, you may want to consider replacing the MFD with another C80 MFD from the second hand market (recommend checking ebay, Craigs List, etc.).