Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Maretron Fuel Sensors with Axiom
06-01-18, 01:36 PM (This post was last modified: 06-01-18 03:39 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Maretron Fuel Sensors with Axiom
I'm going to add Maletron a FFM100 Fuel Flow Monitor with 2 (supply/return) M1AR Fuel Flow Sensors to each of my two Yanmar 6LYA-STP diesel engines. The port and starboard FFM100 Fuel Flow Monitors connect to a Maletron DSM410 Display. I've attached a drawing of this network configuration.

My Questions are:
1) Is it okay to build this network with NEMA 2000 componets and connect it to my Seatalk NG backbone? If so how? Or, should I use you NEMA 2000 to Seatalk NG converter cable for each of the FFM100s and the DSM410 as spurs on the existing Seatalk NG network?
2) I realize that I can't just add the powertap as shown. Can these Maletron components be powered by my Seatalk NG network as well?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-01-18, 03:48 PM
RE: [CA11] Maretron Fuel Sensors with Axiom
Welcome to the Raymarien

Q1. Is it okay to build this network with NEMA 2000 componets and connect it to my Seatalk NG backbone? If so how? Or, should I use you NEMA 2000 to Seatalk NG converter cable for each of the FFM100s and the DSM410 as spurs on the existing Seatalk NG network?
A1. While is indeed possible to join two backbones which have been constructed from networking components from two manufacturers, it is considered to be a best practice to construct the backbone from networking components of a single manufacturer. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.

Q2. I realize that I can't just add the powertap as shown. Can these Maletron components be powered by my Seatalk NG network as well?
A2. Yes. Please refer to the portion of the previously referenced FAQ addressing the backbone's power insertion spur.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply