Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] No Drive Detected
06-04-18, 10:52 AM (This post was last modified: 06-05-18 03:20 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] No Drive Detected
Problem: My P70r is throwing a "no drive detected" error message.

1 year ago my system was a Classic A65 MFD, P70r, EV-1, ACU-200. System was working fine connected through the Sea Talk and Tpiece back bone.

I upgraded my Classic A65 to an Axiom 9. I connected this in with A06045 conversion cable, Tpiece, SeatalkNg.
I have updated the software to the following:
P70r 3.07 version
EV-1 2.18 version
Axiom 3.4.102 version

Power is the following:
P70r: 12.63V
EV-1: 12.36V

The system is communicating, I was able to update the software on the P70r and EV-1 through my Axiom 9 and wifi connection.

Once updated, I performed the factory reset and verified magnets through sea trial.

I still am receiving the "no drive detected".

My current set-up does not have power going to the SeatalkNg backbone. Do I need to power my SeatalkNg with the A06049 Network Power Cable?

I would prefer not converting my backbone with Tpieces to the 5-Way SeaTalkng Connector but was also wondering if this is required and if so what components need connected into the 5-way vs. Piece.

I was thinking my new Axiom 9 was the problem so I unplugged my new Axiom 9 MFD from the backbone and still was received "no drive detected".

I also noticed when going through the dock side wizard that when asked to steer straight, then port, then starboard that I received an error of "inconsistent values"

My Deviation after completing the sea trial was:
P70r 4deg
EV-1 4deg
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-05-18, 03:54 PM (This post was last modified: 06-05-18 03:54 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] No Drive Detected
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum harmspjf,

The reported issue is indicative of communications failure between the EV-1 CCU and the ACU-200. Such communications issues are typically caused by
- failure to secure the socket locking rings of SeaTalkng networking components ... move each locking ring to the unlocked position, unplug the cable's plug or Termination Plug, reinsert the cable's plug or Termination Plug, and then rotate the locking ring back into the locked position
- incorrect termination of the backbone ... the backbone should contain two SeaTalkng Termination Plugs, one will be inserted into each of the unoccupied blue backbone socket at each end of the backbone.
- insufficient backbone power ... while the ACU-200 can provide power to a SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 which is limited to the autopilot components, it is considered a best installation practice to instead power the SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone from a switched 12VDC power circuit connected to the supplied SeaTalkng Power Cable which in turn is connected to one of the backbone's spur sockets.
- Modified or damaged SeaTalkng networking cables ... check the cables for damage or modification. Check the cable plugs and sockets for signs of damage or corrosion to the pins.
- SeaTalkng Termination Plug failure ... the resistance across the CAN_H and CAN_L pins of the SeaTalkng Termination Plugs should be 120 Ohms

Should all of the above have been addressed and should the problem persist, then unplug the MFD's spur cable from the backbone and then test the autopilot to determine whether the autopilot operates properly.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply