Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Upgrading C90W
06-13-18, 03:34 PM (This post was last modified: 06-14-18 12:56 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Upgrading C90W
Hello,

I bought a boat last year with older Raymarine electronics. C90W/DSM30/Airmar P66. It has been decent, but I do occasionally have issues with it. I am considering upgrading the unit and I have a compatibility question. Can I replace the C90W with an e127 and continue to use the DSM30 & Airmarr P66 transducer? If that IS an option, will I get full functionality from the e127? Final question, the c90W is dash-mounted(flush mounted), will the e127 fit in the current cutout with minimal modification or an adapter bezel/frame?

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

-Jon
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-14-18, 01:16 PM
RE: [CA11] Upgrading C90W
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Jon,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing replacement of a C-Series Widescreen MFD with an a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD.

Q1. Can I replace the C90W with an e127 and continue to use the DSM30 & Airmarr P66 transducer?
A1. Yes.

Q2. If that IS an option, will I get full functionality from the e127?
A2. This is a vague question. The a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD will support fishfinding features identical to those of the C-Series Widescreen MFD which it replaced. If the a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD is able acquire a GPS position FIX within its installation location and a compatible chart card is inserted within the MFD's memory card reader, then the MFD will additionally function as a chartplotter.

Q3. The C90W is dash-mounted(flush mounted), will the e127 fit in the current cutout with minimal modification or an adapter bezel/frame?
A3. While Raymarine offers the R70008 C/E90W to NEW c/e95 or 97 mounting plate/bezel Kit, Raymarine does not offer these kits for replacing a C90W with a c12x/e12x MFD. The mounting template for the C90W/E90W may be found here. The mounting template for the c12x/e12x MFDs may be found here.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply