Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG] Wind instrument issue and maybe upgrade
06-18-18, 09:26 PM (This post was last modified: 06-21-18 10:15 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[DG] Wind instrument issue and maybe upgrade
I have a ST60+ wind instrument on a seatalk network connected to a new Axiom 12 inch MFD. I have replaced the transducer and have had the instrument in for servicing a number of times. Every time there is no problem. I have had intermittent issues. This year it is the wind direction. Last year it was the wind speed. Normally if I turned the electronics off and back on it would start working. So I may get a new cable as that is the only thing I have not tested. But this has been very unreliable since I bought it. Is that an appropriate next step.

As an alternative it looks like an I60 is a direct replacement except it connects using seatalkng. Would I need a new transducer. I guess I would need a new cable.

As an alternative I am not sure which wireless package I would need. The T101 system looks like a transducer and an instrument. Would that connect to seatalkng network?

It looks like there may be a cheaper package "Raymarine Wireless Wind Package for SeaTalkng Networks" for a little more than the I60 package. Can I use the ST60 wind instrument as a repeater?

Which wireless solution would you recommend. Pros and cons?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-21-18, 10:49 AM
RE: [DG] Wind instrument issue and maybe upgrade
Hi topcat

Thanks for the enquiry,

Given the issues you have and having carried out the transducer test described in this link here , then replacing the instrument display is the next logical step. The test process will indicate if you have a cable issue or not.

the i60 display is a direct replacement for the ST60 + display, it fits into the same [censored], connects in the same way to the transducer and can be simply connected to the existing SeaTalk system with a small modification to the STng type cable plugged into the back.

Changing to the Wireless system would additionally require a microtalk puck as well as a remote control unit to calibrate the wireless masthead unit and so the simplest and most economic solution would be to replace the ST60+ wind display with an i60.
Thanks
Derek
06-22-18, 08:07 AM
Thanks for the reply. It looks like the wireless solution of transducer puck and a remote is only a little more. can I still use the ST60 as a repeater?
06-25-18, 04:41 AM
Hi Topcat,

The ST60 can be used as a repeater if you have SeaTalk onboard or use a STng to SeaTalk converter to enable the ST60 - which operates on SeaTalk to be connected to the STng network that the Microtalk puck is connected to.

Thanks
Derek
07-31-18, 08:39 AM
I purchased and installed the wireless transducer the wireless puck and the remote wireless. The wind info only shows up if the remote is on. If I shut it off no data is shown on either the Aciom MFD or the St 60. Any suggestions as to why this would happen. I think that data was showing up when the remote was off initially but not now.
07-31-18, 11:10 AM
I purchased and installed the wireless transducer the wireless puck and the remote wireless. The wind info only shows up if the remote is on. If I shut it off no data is shown on either the Aciom MFD or the St 60. Any suggestions as to why this would happen. I think that data was showing up when the remote was off initially but not now.
08-13-18, 12:35 PM
Hi Topcat,

If there are no other Wireless displays in the network, then the remote must be left on to ensure data continuity.
Regards
Derek