Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] ST60+ wind speed issue
06-21-18, 12:47 PM (This post was last modified: 06-27-18 03:22 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] ST60+ wind speed issue
Wind angle seems to be showing but not speed. True wind shows at ---. I don't believe (new to me boat) that I have a speed transducer in the hull that is connected so my guess is that I only see true wind.

I did some diagnostics behind the display unit and am seeing appropriate voltages except green\shield showing like 7.5v. I'm not sure if this is within acceptable tolerance or not.

Thoughts? TIA
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-27-18, 02:49 PM (This post was last modified: 06-27-18 03:22 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [TG11] ST60+ wind speed issue
Hello Progbes,

I'm guessing that you're seeing Apparent wind angle and speed, something for True Wind angle but dashes for TWS. Apparent is what we measure, True is calculated from apparent and speed-through-water, as it sounds like you're aware. If you either fit a paddlewheel speed transducer or other source of STW data (not GPS speed over ground: for sailing we always calculate True as wind over water, not wind over ground) then you'll get True data, otherwise you can just hit the True/App button and switch to Apparent wind, in which case I think everything will be fine.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply