Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] ST60 Replacement Confirmation
06-23-18, 02:00 PM (This post was last modified: 06-26-18 09:26 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] ST60 Replacement Confirmation
I'm replacing a "shot" ST60 Wind with an i60 Wind and would like to also upgrade from my ST60 Speed and Depth at the same time, (LED's are not working in these two).

Research on the web and forum hasn't made me confident of what it'll take to get like functionality from the combination of an i50 Tridata and i60 Wind rather than my legacy three ST60 instruments.

Is it as simple as replacing three instruments with the i50 and i60 and attaching the two new ones with a SeaTalk cable? Does this SeaTalk connection require each instrument's second SeaTalk port have a terminator inserted? Are there any additional required components if I simply reuse my existing transducers for Speed and Depth and the existing Mast top sensor unit?

Thanks in advance for your assistance and any pointers to articles or FAQ's that I've overlooked or need to consult.

Sincerely,
Todd L.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-26-18, 09:35 AM
RE: [CA11] ST60 Replacement Confirmation
Todd,

If installing an i60 Wind and i50 Tridata instruments, it is recommended that these instruments either both be installed as SeaTalk instruments or that both be installed as individual spurs to a powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone. Should the i60 Wind and i50 Tridata simply be installed as SeaTalk devices, then they may simply daisy chained to one another and powered using one of the Power Cables which is packaged with these displays. With the data available from these two products, the i60 Wind should then be able to not only support apparent wind, but also true wind. It is recommended that a SeaTalkng Blanking plug be inserted within any unoccupied SeaTalkng socket of any product or SeaTalkng networking component to protect the socket from the marine environment. The transducers designed for use with the ST60 instruments may simply then be interfaced to the corresponding i50/i60 instruments. Naturally, the instruments will need to be calibrated following installation.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply