Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG] SL70RC Plus - What 'series' and User data files
06-27-18, 06:14 AM (This post was last modified: 06-27-18 07:10 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[DG] SL70RC Plus - What 'series' and User data files
Hi,

I have a mono SL70RC Plus Chartplotter (possibly SL70MRC) linked to what i think is the larger SL80RC Plus plotter.

Please can someone tell me what "Series" these plotters are when it comes to searching for legacy product support on the Raymarine website?

Also please can someone advise me as to the file format of the routes which are on the user data card? Are they "'fsh" or some other type?

Will the plotter accept any other format of user data route or waypoint file?

Thanks

Derek
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-27-18, 07:29 AM
RE: [DG] SL70RC Plus - What 'series' and User data files
HI Derek,
Thank you for your enquiry

These units belong to a retired product line known as Pathfinder Series Displays. When a Pathfinder Series display is powered on a boot screen will be displayed referencing Raymarine or Raytheon. If the boot screen references Raymarine, then the display is considered to be a Pathfinder PLUS Series Display and will be compatible with C-Map's NT+ cartography (including NT+ Wide).
Pathfinder PLUS Series displays having a Raychart (chart card reader) that are operating with v4.09 or v4.11 software installed within their program memory will additionally be compatible with C-Map’s 128KB User Cards. C-Map User Cards are used to back up waypoints and routes and to transfer such data between a PC and a Pathfinder PLUS Series display. If one owns an E86008 C-Map USBCC Reader (no longer available), then it is recommended that Raymarine's RayTech Planner or RayTech RNS 6.0 software be used for waypoint/route planning purposes. If not, then it is recommended that C-Map's PC Planner software be used for such purposes.
The files are stored on a C-Map user card in their own format and so it would be recommended to contact C-Map to find out how to extract this data in the current more modern GPX format.

regards
Derek
06-27-18, 10:25 AM (This post was last modified: 06-27-18 10:30 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks Derek
06-28-18, 04:30 AM
Hi Derek,

You're welcome
Thanks
Derek