Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] SL70RC User data card
06-30-18, 01:44 PM (This post was last modified: 07-02-18 12:50 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] SL70RC User data card
Hi,

Can anyone please tell me whether there is a maximum memory size user data card that will work with my SL70RC Pathfinder chartplotter?

I think my current C-MAP user data card for storing waypoints/routes is only 128K but I have seen 2Mb and 4Mb advertised on the internet.

Kind regards

Derek
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-02-18, 12:52 PM
RE: [CA11] SL70RC User data card
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Derek,

The highest capacity C-Map User Cards which were supported by the hsb2/SL Pathfinder Plus Chartplotting products was 128kB.
07-05-18, 03:39 PM (This post was last modified: 07-06-18 08:41 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks
07-06-18, 08:41 AM
You're welcome.
07-06-18, 09:22 AM (This post was last modified: 07-06-18 10:08 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hi,
As a follow up concerning the User Data Card I am having a problem in that my SL70RC Plotter refuses to recognise the card when I insert it in the lower slot.
The message says that the User Data Card is not recognised/not formatted.
The User Data Card has been formatted using the Jeppesen PC-Planner software and a C-Card USB card reader/writer and I have loaded waypoint and route files onto the card using the Generic emulation setting.
The PC-Plaaner software has various formatting emulations including Generic, Generic 2, Furuno, Navman and Fish-12.
Is there a way of formatting the User Data Card in the SL70RC?
Kind regards
Derek
07-06-18, 10:27 AM
Derek,

Raymarine's hsb2/SL Pathfinder Series Displays featuring a RAYCHART C-Card reader which are operating with v4.09 or v4.11 software (see the Navigation Warning which must be acknowledged each time that the display is powered ON) are exclusively compatible with C-Map's 128kB User Cards. Higher capacity C-Map User Cards are not compatible with your display. As you have suggested, the the C-Map User Card must be inserted within the RAYCHART C-Card reader's lower slot. Failure of the display to detect a 128Kb User Card may indicate that the display has not been updated with v4.09 or v4.11 software or that the RAYCHART C-Card reader's lower slot may have suffered a failure. The latter may be tested by simply verifying the display's ability to access chart data when a C-Map chart card is present in the reader's lower slot and not chart card is present within the display's upper slot. With respect to software, the time has long since past for being able to acquire software update kits for hsb/hsb2/SL Pathfinder Series displays and Raymarine's Product Repair Center can no longer perform software updates to these displays. Any such 128kB User Cards purchased from C-Map would not have typically required any formatting ... and as such no provision was provided within the display to perform any such formatting. Should you believe that your User Card may be incorrectly formatted then you may want to contact C-Map to determine whether they may assist you in formatting the User Card for use with your display (assuming that the display already has v4.09 or v4.11 software installed within its memory).

Please additionally be aware that the Pathfinder Series Displays all supported bulk waypoint and route transfer via their respective NMEA 0183 input and NMEA 0183 output ports. It was not uncommon for computers running RayTech Navigator / RNS, MaxSea, NobelTec, Rosepoint, etc. to perform waypoint/route transfer with these displays via NMEA 0183 communication.
07-06-18, 10:56 AM (This post was last modified: 07-06-18 11:08 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hi Chuck,
Thanks for the very helpful information.
I know the bottom slot is working because I am currently using two chart cards.
I will have to check on the software version when I go to the boat in the next couple of days.
I understand what you say about service centres no longer carrying out updates but surely the updating software/firmware is still available somehow from Raymarine on a data card or some other medium?
Is there some way I can obtain the update and do the install myself if my Plotter is using the pre-409 version?
Kind regards
Derek
07-06-18, 11:13 AM
Derek,

Q. I understand what you say about service centres no longer carrying out updates but surely the updating software/firmware is still available somehow from Raymarine on a data card or some other medium?
Is there some way I can obtain the update and do the install myself if my Plotter is using the pre-409 version?
A. Contrary to your suggestions, this capability is no longer supported by Raymarine's Product Repair Centers and the equipment / parts required were exhausted / discarded some time ago. You may want to inquire with Raymarine dealer / installers in your area to determine whether any of them may have retained the desired software update capabilities within their respective shops.