Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Networked Axiom 9"s
07-05-18, 03:47 PM (This post was last modified: 07-24-18 10:21 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Networked Axiom 9"s
I have a bass boat with two Axiom RV9" MFD's software Version 3.3.170. Networked with a RayNet cable. One unit is on the bow with a connected CPT-100 transducer on the trolling motor, the other MDF is at the console connected with a RV-100 transducer on the transom.

My question is, could you tell me how to set that MFD at the bow, so It is reading only from that transducer mounted on the trolling motor?. Would I have to reconfigure it every time I turn the unit on?. I see 3D scrolling on that graph and the transducer on the trolling motor is only supposed to have 2D and DV... Do I have to switch that unit on the bow to be the master every time I go up there?. I'm just wondering, if that MDF at the console is the master, will it not allow the MDF at the bow to work independently with its own settings?.

I also don't fully understand whether to choose internel or RV transducer for each unit. I only require RV 3D while operating the boat from the console.

The only reason I care to have networked units is to share waypoint information, not confuse to sonar functions.

I wish there were some information videos or written description in regards to networked MDF's and how to set them up for us bass boat guys.
We move from the console to the front deck many times throughout the day, Having to reconfigure your graph every time you drop the trolling motor takes a long time.

Sorry for the long winded questions, I did try to find the answers.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-24-18, 10:41 AM
RE: [CA11] Networked Axiom 9"s
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Canadian Bassin,

To begin with you must first understand that networked (via Ethernet) Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL MFDs are designed to share page icons (and the respective page's settings). Accordingly, I typically recommend that fishermen create page icons within the Homescreen which are then named to reflect the sonar source and/or type of sonar. Each of these page icons would then be configured to run the Fishfinder app and each would be individually configured to display the sonar source/channel desired ... some examples pertaining to your application are listed below.
- Bow DwnVsn
- Bow Sonar
- Stern 3D
- Stern SideVsn
- Stern DwnVsn
- Stern Sonar

Editing a page icon is as simple as holding one's finger pressed to an icon on the Homescreen and then selecting CUSTOMIZE from the pop-up menu.

After creating the desired page icon, each page would be opened and then configured to display the desired type of sonar (ex. MENU->ALL CHANNELS->AXIOM 9 RV->DOWNVISION; MENU->ALL CHANNELS->AXIOM 9 RV->REALVISION 3D; etc).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply