Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] Chart display in L760+/RL70C+
07-12-18, 06:26 PM (This post was last modified: 07-17-18 10:41 PM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Chart display in L760+/RL70C+
I have a L760+ Fishfinder and a RL70C+ Pathfinder in a Raymarine suite vintage 2002. I have C-Map Puget sound to Cracroft Island and Caamano Sound to Chatham sound charts installed.

I am now encountering a problem where the chart display is limited to 48NM and higher. I can't reduce range to any of the more detailed charts (24 - 1 1/2 NM). The Radar is still working at all scales. The chart scale problems occurs in both multi-function displays.

Can anyone tell me what the problem is and how I can fix it? I am currently cruising on the west side of Vancouver Island and hate to have any system problems.

Regards, Frank
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-17-18, 11:18 PM
RE: Chart display in L760+/RL70C+
Hello Frank,

A few of questions:
- are the charts working at all, or are you only seeing the built-in background world map (you see the same thing whether the cards are in or out)?
- does either chart work any better than the other?
- are you sure that there's chart data in your location at those small range scales? By default the Pathfinder displays won't range in beyond the range where there's chart data at that location (won't over-zoom), so 48nm range is quite normal offshore where there's limited chart data. You can override this data via the Plotter Mode setting in the chartplotter's setup (turning on Plotter Mode allows over-zooming.)
- are both displays RC (chartplotter) versions, and if so, do you see the same thing if you swap either card to the other display?

The short answer is, if it's not just limited chart data in your area then I think you have a hardware fault that can't be fixed at sea, I'm sorry to say.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply