Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Trip distance settings
07-13-18, 08:44 AM (This post was last modified: 07-16-18 06:09 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] Trip distance settings
I have a es128 (w/current SW update), rs130 gps sensor, HD radar, ev150 autopilot, flir cam (m100), Sirius weather, and a dsm300. The trip distance was working fine. The DSM transducer (p66) was causing some interference with the cpt 100 transducer when running both transducers. I pulled the fuse on the dsm300(which corrects the interference) and am using it as a backup at this point. The trip will no longer display or calculate on the mfd. I’m assuming because it was pulling data from the p66. How do I set the mfd to calculate/display the trip off the mfd/gps? I’m sure it’s a setting but I can’t find it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-16-18, 03:09 AM (This post was last modified: 07-16-18 06:09 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [TG11] Trip distance settings
Hello rltrbill,

Ground Trip is the data item you're looking for. We differentiate between Trip (which is distance through the water, and always gathered from a paddle-wheel) and Ground Trip, which uses GPS data. We provide both so that people can see the effects of tide/current/leeway (if you were motoring up a river, your Trip would be much higher than your Ground Trip, and your fuel usage would be better represented by the Trip rather than Ground Trip value, for example.)

You'll find Ground Log (overall/odometer) and 4 different, independently-resettable Ground Trips as data items that you can put in the Databar or Data page. Reset them from the data page menu or Home > Menu > Trip Resets.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
07-16-18, 03:49 PM (This post was last modified: 07-16-18 06:07 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks for the info

I fish offshore fish so I’m mainly concerned about accurately calculating mileage/distance to manage fuel burn (MPG). I went out yesterday pretty far so plugged the DSM back in to make sure I was logging correctly. So the grnd trip is what I need it sounds like. That appears to be working but again I plugged back in the DSM. What is interesting however is even with the DSM running, my “trip” is reading 0.....
07-16-18, 08:46 PM
Hmm. If you've only looked at this dockside/on the trailer, I suspect that it will start working when you get underway: I think thta Trip data is only sent out when the value changes. If that turns out not to be it, maybe the system hasn't remembered the transducer selection for the speed data (of course it ought to), or perhaps something else is overriding the trip data (not unknown).

- If you bring up a Speed databox (not SOG), does that show valid data, zeroes or dashes when underway?
- What shows in Speed data-sources in Home > Setup > System Settings > Data Sources > Speed?
- What is the Speed transducer selection in the Fishfinder page's setup menu?

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
07-17-18, 01:41 PM (This post was last modified: 07-17-18 02:33 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
The first pic I shared was while running (boat in motion) showing ground trip but not Trip. I went into "select speed source" and it is blank (see pic2). When I went into tdcr settings, it is set on P58/P65/P66 (see attached). When I changed the F finder source to "internal sounder" and then went to TDCR setup, it just had options for "depth offset" and "temp offset" (see attached 3) and nothing else.
07-17-18, 08:44 PM
In your second pic you have the Depth transducer set to P66 but Speed transducer = None: that's the problem. Selecting depth transducer does not automatically select the Speed component of that transducer, in case there's another source of speed data (unlikely, I know.) If you set Speed transducer to anything other than None, Trip should start working.

Tom

Raymarine since 1999.

07-18-18, 10:44 AM (This post was last modified: 07-18-18 01:22 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I reset the speed setting in "transducer settings" to "default", will that correct it or do I randomly pick one from the list? mine wasn't listed....

So after I did that, I disconnected the DSM (pulled fuse) and I still don't get ant options in the internal sounder settings under transducer set up other than "depth offset"- not like under the DSM(when connected) settings where all the others are listed like speed etc. Why is that? is that normal?
07-19-18, 01:52 AM
Default should work, anything other than None should work.

Quote:I still don't get ant options in the internal sounder settings under transducer set up other than "depth offset"- not like under the DSM(when connected) settings where all the others are listed like speed etc. Why is that? is that normal?

Yes, that's normal, because the other transducer settings don't apply to the DownVision transducer. To avoid confusion, we don't display a host of irrelevent menu items, only those that apply to the currently-selected hardware.
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.

07-19-18, 09:25 AM (This post was last modified: 07-19-18 11:19 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Will it still function with the DSM disconnected? "trip", "Ground trip" and SOG?
07-19-18, 06:26 PM
Trip requires paddle-wheel (which requires DSM, in your system), Ground Log/Trip and SOG only need GPS: DSM not required.

Tom

Raymarine since 1999.