Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axiom display
07-17-18, 07:39 AM (This post was last modified: 07-17-18 10:42 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Question [CA11] Axiom display
I am having problems with my Axiom 9 display. As soon as it is damp, it becomes erratic. The problem is particulatly apparent with the power switch.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-17-18, 10:41 AM
RE: [CA11] Axiom display
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Corto,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. Should the MFD's touchscreen or power swipe not be responsive or be erratic under conditions where the screen is dry, then it would be recommended that the MFD be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.
07-18-18, 06:47 AM (This post was last modified: 07-18-18 07:56 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I see. My dealer totally mislead me when he told me I could install this display outside! I don’t suppose there is a key pad just for the power switch, which is the bigest problem.
07-18-18, 07:58 AM
Corto,

Raymarine does not offer a keyboard which is contains only a power switch. The Axiom MFDs are compatible with Raymarine's RMK-10 and legacy RMK-9 remote keyboards.
07-20-18, 01:35 AM
Hi Chuck.

I too am having the same power button difficulties with my display. When it is cold (as in 40 F) I will have to swipe the power button up to 40-50 times. When it is warm I don’t see an issue. The issue gets worse when the display is wet as is typical in any marine environment. I have seen the issue occur when the screen isn’t wet. I will sometimes have to find sunlight before I can get the display to turn on.

The operating temperature is well within your given specification of -13F to 131F. This display is IPX6 and IPX7 rated. Is this something that may be fixed in a future software release or is this a hardware issue?

Thanks,

Chris
07-23-18, 09:41 AM
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Chris,

Please note that the IPX standards address the sealing capacity of a product to prevent water intrusion, not operation of the product. Should your MFD be operating with v3.5.40 or later software and experience problems with the Power Swipe or touchscreen when operating under dry screen conditions and temperatures which are within the MFD's specified operating range, then it would be recommended that the MFD be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.