Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG11] Zones for Fusion radio have disappeared since Axiom firmware v3.5.40
07-17-18, 09:53 AM (This post was last modified: 07-17-18 10:00 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[DG11] Zones for Fusion radio have disappeared since Axiom firmware v3.5.40
I have just installed a Fusion MS-RA70N radio in my boat, and can control this using my Axiom 9 MFD. Directly after installing it, I noticed that there was a firmware updatefor the Axiom available (v3.5.40) and I installed this. Since the update however, I don't see the option to control both zones anymore. I can only control zone 1, which is inside the cabin. This is obviously not what I want, the idea was to be able to control the speakers outside.

Do more people experience this problem?

Martijn
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-18-18, 05:15 AM
RE: [DG11] Zones for Fusion radio have disappeared since Axiom firmware v3.5.40
HI Martijn,

This issue has been escalated to our engineering team and they are liaising with Fusion regarding this issue, we will advise as soon as we have more information for you
Regards

Derek
07-18-18, 09:35 AM (This post was last modified: 07-18-18 09:37 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
HI Martijn,

Further to your report, we believe that the interface operates correctly on the system we have tested in our offices. On the left hand side of the Audio app, you will find tabs for Zones 1-4. By selecting the tab for any zone, one may change it’s volume level. However, the option to link zone 2 to zone 1 appears to be only capable of being performed via the stereo head unit’s controls.

Is this what you have found?
Regards

Derek
07-18-18, 10:51 AM
I did have those tabs with the previous firmware version, which I only tested for a few minutes because then I saw there was an update for the Axiom. Somehow the tabs seem to have disappeared since that update.

Maybe I accidentally grouped both zones on the radio device itself. Can it be that the Axiom Audio app then only sees one group and doesn't show the tabs anymore? I can't check this at the moment, as my boat is not near my house.

Martijn
07-18-18, 11:29 AM
Hi Martijn,

It is possible that the 2 zones have become grouped, can you check this, otherwise, I suggest a full factory reset on the display, since the update may not have stored fully and a reset will complete this activity.
Regards
Derek
07-20-18, 05:03 PM
Today I was at the boat again, and I could investigate a bit further. The zones are definitely not there anymore in the Axiom Audio app, see photo. This is independent of which zone is coupled to the volume control knob on the radio itself (1,2 or both grouped). Via the fusion app on my smartphone, I can control both zones without a problem.
I have even fully reset the Axiom to factory settings, to no avail.
What else can I try? Can I revert back to the previous firmware?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

07-23-18, 11:37 AM
Hi martijn,

It is possible to downgrade back to 3.4

When you reset the unit, did you carry out the soft reset via the menu, or the full reset by Swiping R to L on the power key?

Thanks
Derek
07-24-18, 09:43 AM (This post was last modified: 07-25-18 01:32 AM by mvzut.)
No, I reset it via what you call the soft reset method. I'll try the full reset tonight, although I'm starting to doubt if this will make any difference... (and setting up the device and all screens from scratch every time is quit a bit of work...)
07-24-18, 11:11 AM
Hi Martijn,

I'll standby on your feedback
Thanks
Derek
07-24-18, 08:21 PM (This post was last modified: 07-25-18 09:56 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Can i Chime in if possible Derek..
On the Fusion, does it make a difference to Zones whether you are on "Radio" (IE Fm or AM) as apposed to Bluetooth Streaming or a Mp3? I know this sounds crazy but try different input sections of the Fusion and see if the Axiom gives you zones.

Ian