Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Fuel Flow Sensor
07-19-18, 05:35 PM (This post was last modified: 07-25-18 12:25 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Fuel Flow Sensor
Hello,

I have a C97 MFD and Quantum Radome 24", B164 transducer. My boat is a Skipjack 24' Open with a Chevy 350, 280 Volvo Penta outdrive.

1. I am wondering how I could install a fuel flow sensor or other instruments to monitor fuel and engine diagnostics to run through my C97. What capabilities are possible with the Chevy 350 application and what do I need?
Thanks for your help!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-25-18, 12:24 PM
RE: [CA11] Fuel Flow Sensor
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Cory,

Q1. I am wondering how I could install a fuel flow sensor or other instruments to monitor fuel and engine diagnostics to run through my C97. What capabilities are possible with the Chevy 350 application and what do I need?
A1. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. The GM350 block is used by a number of marine propulsion manufacturers. Should your engine be part of a Volvo marine propulsion system and features fuel injection, then it is recommended that you verify which specific Volvo engine model is installed. Armed with this information, it may be possible to use Raymarine's ECI-100 engine gateway if you engine is among those listed here. Fox Marine (see FAQ referenced above) also makes an engine gateways applicable to some fuel injected Volvo engine systems. As indicated within the FAQ referenced above, third party analog to NMEA 2000 engine gateways are also available in the marketplace.
07-26-18, 10:21 AM
Thumbs Down RE: [CA11] Fuel Flow Sensor
Now as referring to 280 sterndrive i assume we are talking 80´equipment. The solution for injecting motor and tank information with the other type of sensors thru NMEA2000 network to mfd is with actisence emu1, albacombi or similar NMEA2000 analog to nmea2000 converter. A Bit of googling gets you started. If you dont have fuel injected engine, you only need 1 fuel flow sensor. Attached is Volvo KAD42 -96 voltages on fmd.
07-26-18, 03:18 PM
RE: [CA11] Fuel Flow Sensor
Noted.