Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] CP370 No Depths beyond 200 feet or so
07-24-18, 05:26 PM (This post was last modified: 07-27-18 01:26 AM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
CP370 No Depths beyond 200 feet or so
Read on another thread with a similar problem. Recommendation was uploading the latest software might solve the problem. Downloaded the latest CP370 software 1334. Tried to upload via my E120 Classic but it stops mid way. Goes from 57% complete and then down to 50%...and stops. Then goes back to the selection screen without completing. Tried several times but getting same results.
Oh...I also get a prompt in the beginning that says same version or later software already installed. That's not possible since I bought the CP370 in May 2018 and the new CP370 software says July 2018.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-27-18, 01:40 AM
RE: CP370 No Depths beyond 200 feet or so
You can see what version of software is installed now by looking in the E-series' diagnostics (Menu > System Diagnostics > External Interfaces > SeatalkHS/Ethernet > Devices. If the software is old but the upgrade's failing, the cause is usually an incorrect 'autorun.dob' file (there are lots of different versions and they can't all upgrade sounders successfully), but personally I wouldn't focus on this, I don't think software is the problem. If you have a look at [ur]http://www.raymarine.com.au/view/?id=12659[/url], you'll see that there have been no performance changes in each revision.

Can you post some screenshots/clear, full-screen photos of the sounder images you're getting both however you normally run the sounder and in 60% Gain, 15% Colour Gain, 0% TVG, and manual Range with the range set to about 1.5x to 2x the current water depth? That's what we use to assess signal levels and noise levels (Auto gain hides all that and just tries to give you a clean image.) Please make sure that you have White Line and Bottom Fill mode turned off, and if possible display SOG so that we can see how fast you were going at the time. Please can you also tell us what transducer model you have.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply