Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [DG11] ST60 Depth instrument
08-09-18, 12:04 AM (This post was last modified: 08-15-18 10:02 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[DG11] ST60 Depth instrument
I have a 10 year old ST60 instrument package including depth, wind, speed and smart pilot connected to a C80 plotter that has given excellent service. My depth unit has started to malfunction. On turning on the 3 dashes are displayed for 20 to 30 minutes. Then the depth reading given is very high and gradually reduces, jumping between different depths over a period of about 10 minutes until it finally settles down to give an acceptable reading. After this it will often display a number with the up or down arrows showing before resuming a normal recording. I have checked that the transducer head is clean. Can you tell me what the likely problem and solution is?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-20-18, 05:56 AM
RE: [DG11] ST60 Depth instrument
HI Southerly 32

Thank you for your enquiry.

This sounds very much like a ST60 Display problem, we no longer manufacture the ST60 displays and so this unit will have to be replaced with an i50 depth display.
There is no other test that you can carry out, other than to temporarily
connect another transducer to the old display or temporarily connect a new display to the old transducer.

The cables can be adapted to enable the i50 display to be connected to the adjoining ST60 displays, you may find the D244 SeaTalk connection block and the A06047 STng to SeaTalk 3 pin plg cable helpful too.

The Existing depth transducer can be reconnected direct to the new display.

regards
Derek
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply