Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG11] DSC Acknowledgement not received
08-10-18, 04:35 AM (This post was last modified: 08-16-18 09:13 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[DG11] DSC Acknowledgement not received
I have a brand new RAY70 VHF radio.

Everything else with it works perfectly, but as I tested it with the local cost station and another boat in my marina, the DSC call function does not work properly. It sends out the DSC individual call, but then when the other station responds the response is never received at the RAY70.

One exception so far, a hand held radio worked perfectly with my RAY70 when tried from about 50 meters away. The other boat was in the same location and it's fixed radio did not work.

Things that I've checked so far:
- The antenna. SWR was measured and it was found out that it works perfectly, also the AIS is able to receive vessel information from 30-40 NM away, and I can now also receive foreign cost station SECURITE calls on channel 16 over 50 miles away. So the antenna should not be an issue.
- Sensitivity is set to Distant
- Software was checked and is the latest version, both the bootcode and the application.

The setup: The radio is connected to a Seatalk NG network together with an Axiom 9 MFD and a i70 display. Also in the network is the sonar transducer and the log/temperature sensor.

So what to check for next ?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-20-18, 08:21 AM
RE: [DG11] DSC Acknowledgement not received
HI PetriS

Thank you for your enquiry.

Although unlikely, it is possible the DSC circuit has a receiver issue. You can perform a “self test” on the VHF under settings. See if that shows any issues. If not, I a local Raymarine Service Dealer should have a look with another Ray70 in hand, to temporarily replace the unit and re-test it.

Can you advise the make/model of the “other” fixed vhf you are tx to?

Can you also confirm the p/n, s/n and confirmed sw version of the Ray70.

Regards
Derek
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply