Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Navionics auto routing
09-11-18, 06:25 PM (This post was last modified: 09-12-18 01:23 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Navionics auto routing
I have a new Axium 12" and love it. Still learning and have a couple questions I hope you can help with.
1) Navionics auto routing calculates a route and ( on tablet ) provides the distance and time to go) this info is based on plot and boat speed data already entered. On the Axium it will plot the route but will not provide distance and time to go. The only thing I have been able to figure out is time to next waypoint. This is something that might be benificial but not what I'm looking for.
Any ideas?
2) secondly upon following a route every time I reach a new waypoint an alarm goes of. Very annoying considering auto routing uses a lot of waypoints. Any suggestions to stop the alarming and just go to next waypoint?

Tks in advance
Jeff French
Yachts of Fun
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-12-18, 01:40 PM
RE: [CA11] Navionics auto routing
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Jeff,

Q1) Navionics auto routing calculates a route and ( on tablet ) provides the distance and time to go) this info is based on plot and boat speed data already entered. On the Axium it will plot the route but will not provide distance and time to go. The only thing I have been able to figure out is time to next waypoint. This is something that might be benificial but not what I'm looking for.
Any ideas?
A1) LightHouse 3 v3.6.32 does support displaying Route ETA and Route TTG data items within data cells of the MFD's Dashboard application. A feature request has been logged to additionally consider adding these data items to the list of those supported as Data Overlay data items as well Sidebar data items. To view the remaining distance, the route's plan (MENU->WAYPOINTS, ROUTES, & TRACKS->ROUTES->Select Route From Route List->VIEW ROUTE PLAN) may be used to view the distance between waypoints as well as the distance remaining to any of the route's waypoints.

Q2) secondly upon following a route every time I reach a new waypoint an alarm goes off. Very annoying considering auto routing uses a lot of waypoints. Any suggestions to stop the alarming and just go to next waypoint?
A2) Please click here to view a related FAQ addressing this subject. If not using an autopilot, the MFD's waypoint arrival alarm may be enabled/disabled via the command sequence HOME->ALARMS->SETTINGS->WAYPOINT ARRIVAL.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply