Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
[CA] [CA11] More wifish connection issues
09-13-18, 06:49 PM (This post was last modified: 09-14-18 07:56 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] More wifish connection issues
Has anyone had success with connecting to wifi or Navionics? I was able, once, to connect to Navionics (in my garage) but since then I haven't been able to connect to my iPad or iPhone with the Navionics app. I was able to connect to the Raymarine app but with both the phone and tablet it couldn't keep a connection long enough to scroll across the whole screen before the connection was lost. And, yes, the phone and tablet were within 1 foot of the completely useless box. This is the most frustrating piece of "hardware" that I have tried to use. I have been told that it is a Navionics issue but the connection loss is on the Raymarine app while the Navionics merely ignores the sounder.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-14-18, 08:13 AM (This post was last modified: 09-14-18 08:13 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] More wifish connection issues
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum GordJ,

With regard to communicating with Raymarine's Wi-Fish app, the reported problem may be rooted either with the version of software installed within your Wi-Fish or within the Wi-Fi communications circuitry of the Wi-Fish itself. For starters, it is recommended that the power circuit connecting the Wi-Fish be inspected to ensure that all power and ground connections from the Wi-Fish through any circuit panels, switches, etc., through to the battery(s) be inspected to ensure that they are free of corrosion and are tight. If so, then it would be recommended that the vessel be connected to shore power, that its battery(s) be permitted to attain a fully charged state, and afterwards and while still connected to shore power that the system be tested. Should the problem persist, then it would be recommended that the version of software installed within the Wi-Fish be verified via the Wi-Fish app. If unable to perform the verification due to communications issues or should the Wi-Fish app indicate an application version lower than v15.05, then it would be recommended that the latest Wi-Fish software be installed within your Wi-Fish. Should you Wi-Fish continue to not be able to communicate reliably with the Wi-Fish app, then it would be recommended that the Wi-Fish be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.

If after updating the software within the Wi-Fish should the Wi-Fish properly communicate with the Wi-Fish app, but not with the Navionics Boating app, then it would be recommended that Navionics be contacted for further support. The last word that I heard on from the Navionics engineering team is that they were unable to duplicate the problem and were seeking hardware (Wi-Fish and possibly mobile device (there may be a conflicting app installed on the mobile device)) which exhibited the problem.
09-20-18, 02:31 PM (This post was last modified: 09-20-18 02:46 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Why does my app have version 4.49 but the website says that it supposed to be 15.05?
09-20-18, 03:18 PM (This post was last modified: 09-20-18 03:32 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
GordJ,

Like Raymarine MFDs and Dragonfly displays, Raymarine Wi-Fish DV requires that it have both application software and platform specific software installed within its memory. When referring to the version of software which is installed within one of these products, the product's application software version will typically be referenced. Please note that the product's application software is not the same software which will be installed within a mobile device. Should you have the latest version of the Wi-Fish mobile app installed within you mobile device, I would expect that you will find that it is v0.6.25. If not running the latest version of the Wi-Fish mobile app on your mobile device, then it should be updated accordingly. Raymarine's website does not list the latest version of the Wi-Fish mobile app. Raymarine's website indicates that the latest version of application software for the Wi-Fish DV is v15.05. The earliest version of software for the Wi-Fish DV was v13.25. When connected via Wi-Fi to the Wi-Fish DV and running the Wi-Fish mobile app, touching the button with three dots in the upper left hand corner and then selecting About will indicate the (mobile) App version as well as the Wi-Fish DV's software version.

At the time of manufacture, the latest available software is installed within Raymarine products. Should a software update be produced after the product was manufactured, then is would be the owner's responsibility to update the software within the product. Many Raymarine dealers often perform this service for their customers and Raymarine's Product Repair Center can perform this service as well. Should the Wi-Fish app indicate that the Wi-Fish DV's software version is earlier than v15.05 or should the Wi-Fish mobile app be unable to connect to your Wi-Fish DV, then it would be recommended that the software within the Wi-Fish DV be updated.
09-21-18, 11:53 AM (This post was last modified: 09-21-18 02:15 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I am trying very hard to follow your description. I have gone to the App store repeatedly to update my app so I assume that it is the latest.
After holding my mouth just right I can occasionally connect to the wi-fish app and the About window tells me that I have
App:v0.4.49
Wi-Fish Software v15.5
Are these the latest versions for my iPhone and iPad? I have tried updating the "sounder" repeatedly as per the instructions but I am having no success in connecting to Navionics but I can connect to the Wi-Fish app if I restart everything and start over.
09-21-18, 02:28 PM
GordJ,

Q: About window tells me that I have App:v0.4.49; Wi-Fish Software v15.5. Are these the latest versions for my iPhone and iPad?
A:. The information specified within the About dialog of the Wi-Fish mobile app is indicating that you have the latest version of the Wi-Fish mobile app installed on you mobile device (iPad, iPhone) and that the version of software installed within your Wi-Fish DV (i.e. the Raymarine device which is physically connected to your transducer) also has the latest version of software installed within its memory. As has been indicated within other threads addressing this subject, should your Wi-Fish DV have been updated with the latest Wi-Fish software (your's has been), and should your Wi-Fish DV is able to successfully communicate with the Wi-Fish mobile app on you mobile device, then the Wi-Fish DV is working properly. The Wi-Fish app should be closed prior to running the Navionics Boating app and vice versa. Should the Navionics Boating app is unable to communicate with your Wi-Fish, then it is recommended that Navionics be contacted for support with this issue. Our last correspondence with Navionics indicated that they were seeking more information and possibly hardware (Wi-Fish and/or mobile device) on which this problem could be duplicated. Navionics has been unable to duplicate the problem with their iPad(s) and the Wi-Fish DV which has been provided to Navionics.