Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG11] Raymarine Voyage Planner issue
11-20-18, 05:00 AM (This post was last modified: 11-23-18 09:15 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[DG11] Raymarine Voyage Planner issue
Hi there,

My recently purchased Raymarine Voyage Planner doesn't accept my Navionics card which is an update of my old Navionics Gold Card. This issue was addressed to Lighthouse Store Support and after some emails back and forth they advised me to address the issue to this forum (see emails below).

In my opinion it is a bit weird that the Voyage Planner doesn't accept Navionics update cards (which are preloaded charts). By not accepting it means that a user of the Voyage Planner needs to buy expensive brand new cards every year. This is not very cost effective.

Hopefully there is a reader in this forum with a proper solution for me.

Regards, Roland

Hello,

I would suggest you post or read through existing posts in the Raymarine Forum's PC & Mobile section http://forum.raymarine.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=123). One of our moderators or another user may be able to better assist you.

Sincerely,
LightHouse Store Support

On Mon, Nov 19, 2018 at 3:11 PM mp@rolandblom.nl <mp@rolandblom.nl> wrote:
Hello,

Thank you again for answering. For me it is a bit weird that my Navionics update I recently purchased and which replaces my old Navionics Gold card, will not be loaded in the Voyage Planner. This means that I yearly have to buy (expensive) new cards instead of cost effective updates to make the Voyage Planner work. Please let me know if this is an issue to be addressed to Raymarine or Navionics.

Kind regards, Roland

Op 19 nov. 2018, om 21:01 heeft charts.raymarine.com Sales and Support <support@chartsraymarine.com> het volgende geschreven:

Hello Roland,

Unfortunately, it seems that only pre-loaded Navionics products (Navionics Gold, Navionics+, Navionics HotMaps, Navionics Platinum, etc.) are the ones that can be imported into Voyage Planner.

Sincerely,
LightHouse Store Support

On Sat, Nov 17, 2018 at 12:06 PM mp@rolandblom.nl <mp@rolandblom.nl> wrote:
Hello again,

Thanks for responding. Hopefully I am not asking too much of your patience. Please find attached a picture of the Navionics card. As you can see it is an 'update card' which was purchased shortly. Hopefully this information is enough for you to judge if this card is compatible with the Voyage Planner.

Kind regards, Roland

Op 16 nov. 2018, om 21:53 heeft charts.raymarine.com Sales and Support <support@chartsraymarine.com> het volgende geschreven:

Hello Roland,

What Navionics charts product are you trying to install? It could be possible that the charts are not compatible with Voyage Planner.

Sincerely,
LightHouse Store Support

On Thu, Nov 15, 2018 at 4:21 PM mp@rolandblom.nl <mp@rolandblom.nl> wrote:
Hello,

Thank you for your reply. I tried the installation process again and again. In your article there is mentioned a step 7 and this step hasn’t been shown on my computer during the several times i went through the installation. Is there a way to get some help, perhaps via teamviewer?

Regards, Roland

Op 14 nov. 2018, om 21:45 heeft charts.raymarine.com Sales and Support <support@chartsraymarine.com> het volgende geschreven:

Hello,

Once the Navionics Chart Installer is finished downloading the chart, please close it, but leave the card in your computer.

Then run Voyage Planner and import the charts using the Charts menu then selecting Install Navionics Charts from Media Card. Using this process will activate your charts for use on Voyage Planner.

For a more detailed how-to on installing Navionics charts to Voyage Planner see this article https://fugawi.com/knowledge_base/document/FF12350

Sincerely,
LightHouse Store Support

On Wed, Nov 14, 2018 at 3:50 AM mp@rolandblom.nl <mp@rolandblom.nl> wrote:
Hi there,

Thanks for responding. When trying to import, the Navioncs Chart Installer opent itself and asked to download the chart. That is what I did. I didn’t receive an activation prompt from Voyage planner. Is there a way to have this prompt activated?

Cheers, Roland

Op 13 nov. 2018, om 21:51 heeft charts.raymarine.com Sales and Support <support@chartsraymarine.com> het volgende geschreven:

Hello Roland,

Have you tried these troubleshooting tips? https://fugawi.com/knowledge_base/document/FF12351

Did you receive an activation prompt from Voyage Planner when trying to import the charts from your Navionics card?

Sincerely,
LightHouse Store Support

On Tue, Nov 13, 2018 at 11:56 AM Fugawi Charts <fugawi-charts@johnsonoutdoors.com> wrote:

--Original Message--
Date: 11/13/2018 8:09:17 AM
To: charts@fugawi.com
Subject: Raymarine Voyage Planner problems

*EXTERNAL EMAIL*

Hi there,

Recently I purchased the Raymarine Voyage Planner DVD and after installing I am having problems with getting my Navionics charts visible in the program after the files were successfully downloaded. It seems that the files are not being tranferred to the FX5 status.

I have tried to troubleshoot this issue by following your abbreviations in the Fugawi knowledge base. The last thing I tried was the following: https://www.fugawi.com/knowledge_base/document/FF12333

This problems starts making me a bit desperate and I kindly ask you to help me.

Kind regards, Roland Blom
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-23-18, 09:21 AM
RE: [DG11] Raymarine Voyage Planner issue
HI Roland,

Thankyou for your enquiry.

When you updated the charts, did you buy an updated card or did you get your older card updated, if so how?

It is possible that the older card does not have a specific file that is used on all current chart cards which enable the charts to be activated when downloaded, but once we know how you had the card updated we can be more certain.

The point is as long as this file is present, all future updates can be carried out without needing to purchase a new card.

Regards

Derek
11-30-18, 01:38 PM (This post was last modified: 11-30-18 01:58 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hi Derek,

My dealer advised me to buy an updated card, so that is what I did. After having posted the issue in this forum, it was also addressed to Navionics. They replied to me with: 'Dear Roland, Your case has been submitted to Technical Support for assistance. We are aware of a problem related to new cards not working on Voyager Planner. We are investigating on this with the help of Raymarine Support. We will keep you informed'.

This was a few weeks ago, and right now I am awaiting a response which will make my Voyage Planner work. Hopefully the solution will be done shortly.

Cheers, Roland
12-03-18, 09:24 AM
Hi Roland,

All new chart updates via navionics will provide chart card files with an additional file referred to as nTAG file. This nTAG file validates the chart card through all future updates and will enable the card's use in VP.
When updates are carried out the chart card should not be erased or reformatted since this will remove the nTAG file.

Regards

Derek
12-03-18, 01:11 PM
Hi Derek,

Thanks again for your reply. The card is a brand new ‘Navionics update card’ and it contains the file you mentioned. This was checked and de Voyage Planner is accepting the card without s warning.

The problem is that the contents of the cards - i.e. the selected region - will not download in the Voyage Planner. This means that no voyages can be planned with use of a proper map. Hopefully your technicians will find a solution in corporation with Navionics.

Regards, Roland
12-05-18, 10:38 AM
Hi Roland,

I have checked with the engineering team and at this time, unless Navionics can advise any different, there is nothing further Raymarine can do to correct this issue.

We recommend that you should seek reimbursement from support@charts.raymarine.com and use the PC planning software which the Navionics support member had responded with in the earlier correspondence.

However, if you purchased Voyage planner as a boxed CD, then please PM me with a your email address and we will contact you directly.
Regards

Derek
04-01-19, 06:48 AM
Roland,

As I am 3 months late to the conversation you have probably moved on to another voyage planner platform (or some other fix). However, I had the same issue.

Navionics sent me a new CF card when I tried to update my old card. I also purchased a new computer at the same time and had to reinstall Raymarine Voyage Planner. I am able to upload charts from the old CF card but not the charts from the new CF card.

Jason