Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Network with E7, Axiom and HS5
01-09-19, 01:46 PM
RE: [CA11] Network with E7, Axiom and HS5
Hi Chuck,
A last question.

I need to run a new spur cable between the STng converter no2 to the S1G course computer.
It is 3 meter distance and I see there is two options of Spur cables, A06040 or A06044.
A06044 is Spur with stripped end cable on one side but the Yellow core is not included in this and there is Red, Yellow and Grey ports in the S1G.
The Red core should not be connected on this side as discussed earlier so then it is only the Grey core left?

Or shall I use the A06040 and cut the spur socket on the S1G side and use only the Yellow and Grey cores to the S1G?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-09-19, 01:55 PM
Peter,

A spur cable should not be used to interface the S1G to a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter. The SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter is supplied with a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Cable (yellow plug on one end and press fit 3-pin plug on the other end). This cable will be plugged into the SeaTalk (yellow) socket of the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter. If the S1G is within reach of the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Cable, then its press fit 3-pin plug will be cut off to permit the cable's yellow and shield leads to then be connected to the corresponding SeaTalk terminals of the S1G. If the S1G is not within reach of the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Cable, then its press fit 3-pin plug will be connected to a D244 SeaTalk Junction Block. An appropriate length of SeaTalk Cable having press-fit 3-Pin Plugs on each end will then be connected to the D244 SeaTalk Junction Block and will run to the S1G's SeaTalk port. As would have been the case for the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Cable, the SeaTalk Cable's press-fit 3-pin plug will be cut off to permit the cable's yellow and shield leads to then be connected to the corresponding SeaTalk terminals of the S1G.
01-10-19, 01:54 AM
Hi again,
As I have too long distance between the NMEA/Stng adapter A06045 for the Axiom to the STng backbone my question is if I can connect a Blue backbone cable on the STng converter no.2 (where the blue termination plug is fitted now) and run the cable close to the A06045 with a T-piece and then connect the spur from the A06045 to this? Then put the plug in the empty port of the T-piece.

Otherwise I have to find a suitable NMEA Devicenet cable to extend with, is there such cables ready made?
01-10-19, 08:54 AM
Peter,

Q. As I have too long distance between the NMEA/Stng adapter A06045 for the Axiom to the STng backbone my question is if I can connect a Blue backbone cable on the STng converter no.2 (where the blue termination plug is fitted now) and run the cable close to the A06045 with a T-piece and then connect the spur from the A06045 to this? Then put the plug in the empty port of the T-piece.
A. Indeed you may do as you have suggested.