Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] upgrading from classic E series
01-12-19, 06:37 PM (This post was last modified: 01-14-19 12:18 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] upgrading from classic E series
I have a sailboat that was outfitted in 2009 with Classic Series Raymarine equipment. (e120 chartplotter, numerous st60+ displays, st6002 autopilot, and radar)

Things are starting to wear out.. first the wind transducer which was replaced. Then the gps receiver... replaced with a used one. Now the temp transducer in the paddle wheel, and the depth transducer is beginning to fail.

1. First, I need a transducer for the depth and might as well go with something like the DST800 but will that work with my system and how does that connection work?

2. I would like to start upgrading my equipment but am hesitant to do it all at once so is it possible to start with the chart plotter and a new depth transducer. I am considering an Axiom Pro S. Can this chartplotter be swapped out for my e120. Is this something that is relatively easy? Will my current radar work with the new chartplotter and if not will a HD color scanner use the same wiring in the mast?

Thanks in advance
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-14-19, 12:31 PM (This post was last modified: 01-17-19 10:04 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] upgrading from classic E series
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Greg,

Q1. First, I need a transducer for the depth and might as well go with something like the DST800 but will that work with my system and how does that connection work?
A1. For those seeking to maximize depth and speed through water performance within their instruments, it is recommended that separate depth and speed/temp transducers be installed. If opting to install a single low profile transducer to support these features then the analog A22154 DST800 may be installed for use with ST60/ST60+ Depth, Speed, or Tridata instruments. The 1/8" blade connectors attached to the transducer cable's leads will be mated to the color coded terminals of the ST60/ST60+ instrument(s).

Q2. I would like to start upgrading my equipment but am hesitant to do it all at once so is it possible to start with the chart plotter and a new depth transducer. I am considering an Axiom Pro S. Can this chartplotter be swapped out for my e120. Is this something that is relatively easy? Will my current radar work with the new chartplotter and if not will a HD color scanner use the same wiring in the mast?
A2. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. As indicated within the referenced FAQ, the currently installed radome may need to be replaced. As indicated within the radar FAQ referenced therein, the Axiom Pro MFD may indeed be interfaced to a HD Color Radome or to a Quantum / Quantum 2 Radome.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply