Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axion 7 software and function
01-28-19, 11:00 PM (This post was last modified: 01-29-19 04:33 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Axion 7 software and function
Two years ago I installed a new i60 wind system and the ev-1 wheel autohelm on my Catalina 34 MKII to replace old ST systems. I never was able to get my ST50 tridata to communicate speed data for wind true. I now have a seatalk to seatalk ng converter that I will install as soon at the weather breaks. Hope it works.

I now want to upgrade with a gps chartplotter. I have been told that the Axion 7 might be right for me because of compatibility and ease to install. Will this MFD upgrade software of my autohelm and wind instruments through wifi? Can the autohelm be controlled by the MFD? What speed value is sent to the i60, the gps value or the ST50 value? I really like the sailing assist software of the B & G Vulcan 7. Anything like this on the horizon for the Axion 7? If so, does it come as a software update or will it have to be purchased as a separate package?

thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-29-19, 04:43 PM
RE: [CA11] Axion 7 software and function
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum lotteroseII,

Please click here to view a FAQ related to this subject. As indicated therein the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter is supported for use with ST50+ instruments, but not with ST50 instruments. If your currently installed transducers are operational, then you may want to consider replacing the ST50 Tridata with an E70060 i50 Tridata instrument (display only). 1/8" female blade connectors may be added to the leads of the currently installed depth and speed/temp transducers to permit them to be used with the i50 Tridata instrument.

The i60 Wind instrument is dependent upon speed through water, not GPS SOG. Raymarine is considering introduction of sailing features into LightHouse 3 software which may be similar to those found within LightHouse II software. It is quite possible that these features may be included within a LightHouse 3 software update to be released during or shortly before the North American summer boating season.

Please click here more information concerning product and feature suggestions.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply