Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Ultrasonic Transducers
02-20-19, 09:27 AM (This post was last modified: 02-20-19 04:57 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Ultrasonic Transducers
I have been seeing ads for airmar's ultrasonic transducers to replace the traditional paddle wheel for calculating speed. Are these new transducers compatible with our i50 instruments and has anyone installed these new transducers

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-20-19, 05:03 PM
RE: [CA11] Ultrasonic Transducers
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum nveater,

While Raymarine i50 Speed and Tridata instruments, as well as other Raymarine products, may repeat speed data from such sensors, they cannot calibrate Airmar's Utrasonic Speed Through Water Sensors, Raymarine equipment cannot calibrate such sensors. To interface the Airmar's Utrasonic Speed Through Water Sensor to Raymarine equipment, the Utrasonic Speed Through Water Sensor and the Raymarine product will each be interfaced as individual spurs to the marine electronics system's powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone.
02-22-19, 11:31 AM (This post was last modified: 02-22-19 11:32 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks so much- so looking at the attached diagram- I would need to run the new transducer to an itc5 box then to a seatalk connector and then to the instrument- this would give me full functionality ? Glad I asked ;)
02-22-19, 11:34 AM (This post was last modified: 02-22-19 11:49 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
nveater,

No diagram was attached to your prior response. Airmar produces smart (UST800) and analog (CS4500) ultrasonic speed transducers. As indicated within my previous response, the smart transducers would be interfaced as a spur to the system's powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone ... not to an iTC-5. I have no present information concerning whether the CS4500 transducer will function with Raymarine's iTC-5 and Raymarine STW sensing instruments.
02-22-19, 11:43 AM (This post was last modified: 02-22-19 01:06 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Oh the last sentence of your first response was highlighted and when clicked on came up with a diagram- Thanks though for the clarification
02-22-19, 01:09 PM
You're welcome.