Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Uncommanded System Reboot - Axiom Pro
03-21-19, 03:51 PM
RE: [CA11] Uncommanded System Reboot - Axiom Pro
Chuck,

Here is an updated line drawing schematic of SV Onward's complete Navigation System Electronics and Networks.

It reflects the rewiring of the ST7002+ to the SPX30 directly via ST-1.

It also includes some of the minor system components (remotes, backup gps, etc.) not included on the previous diagram for simplicity.

...Joe
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-25-19, 11:02 AM
Joe,

The new diagram looks great! If you haven't already done so, please ensure that the SPX30's SeaTalkng power switch has been configured OFF to avoid creating a ground loop. It would also be recommended that your diagram be annotated with this information.

A problem report will be logged with the supplied information to determine what may be causing the reported uncommanded system reboots. Please additionally erase any logs to ensure that the logs associated with any new UCRs and logs are associated with the system changes which we have addressed and the latest LH3 software.
03-25-19, 12:21 PM
Chuck,
I am attaching the newest update to the Navigation Electronics System (V3-2; 25Mar19).

The change reflects a move of the Smart Controller wireless base station from its former location (near the SPX30) to a new location (under the cockpit navigation equipment console where it is near the Axiom Pro 12).

The reason for this move is that in the original location, the wireless handset, while able to control the SPX30, was not able to display any other nav data (e.g. speed, depth, wind, etc.). In this location the base station was connected to an ST-1 port in the SPX30.

In the new location, the base station is connected to the ST-1 network at the tri-connection block with the ST60s (Depth, Speed, Wind) and thence to the ST-1 to ST-ng converter and the ST-ng backbone.

The wireless handset can now both control the SPX30 as well as display all other Nav data.

The WiFi connection from the Axiom Pro 12 to the Quantum 2 was checked and it worked normally.

I also want to confirm:
SPX30 ST-1 power switch = off (noted on schematic)
All previous system diagnostic logs erased from Axiom Pro 12.

...Joe
03-25-19, 03:02 PM
Joe,

Your latest diagram looks great and I agree with the relocation of the SmartController's wireless base station to the SeaTalk bus which will be interfaced to the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter.
05-29-19, 02:41 PM
Joe,

As indicated within other recent posts regarding instability of the LightHouse 3 software, it has been recommended that each MFD receiving the LightHouse 3 v3.9.46 (and likely applicable to earlier software releases as well) receive a power on factory reset to address such stability issues. Further, if using the Navionics Boating app, you may want to consider verifying that the MFD's Sonar Logging configuration setting has been configured OFF (when not actively engaged in intended recording of depth data) within the MFD's Chart application and that the Chart synchronization feature within the Navionics Boating app be disabled.
05-29-19, 04:18 PM
Chuck,

I am preparing to depart Baltimore to cruise up the coast to NE for the summer. Just before I received your reply, I discovered the SW update was available. I will download, install, do the reset, and check out performance before I depart the marina here.

Note: I use the iPhone / Navionics Boating app as a total stand-alone independent tool. The phone app is unaware the Axiom exits.

I am thinking of writing a separate post about the sonar logging feature. I found this to be an extremely useful tool to use while exploring anchorages and new areas. I saved screenshots of the newly constructed contour chart for future use.

I will report back when I've tried out the new update.

Cheers,
...Joe
05-30-19, 10:11 AM
Joe,

While it is completely acceptable and understandable that the sonar logging feature may be useful in mapping anchorages, it is recommended that this feature be disabled when not engaged in such activities.