Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG11] Axiom 9
03-27-19, 07:10 AM (This post was last modified: 03-27-19 10:00 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[DG11] Axiom 9
Hello,
On board I have Axiom 9 with an external card reader, because the installation method and the lack of space make it impossible to insert the navionics card into the axiom at the back.
It now appears that since 02/01/2019 after updating the Navionics card it no longer appears on the screen of the Axiom when the last update has been. After much discussion between Navionics who says that the problem lies with Raymarine and Raymarine who says that the problem lies with Navionics, I have received a completely new map from Navionics Italy for free. It now appears after updating that new map, that the problem has not yet been resolved. It also appears that the sonar logs that are made are not at all where I am sailing ( Belgian Coast ), but somewhere on the equator and the 0 meridian of Greenwich (I suppose that card does not receive a position for those sonar logs). The position on the navigation card is correct
Regards
Marc
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-27-19, 10:06 AM
RE: [DG11] Axiom 9
Hi Marc,

Thank you for your enquiry.

The location of the sonar logs at 0 lat and 0 long suggest the GPS does not have a fix, or the GPS used at the time of the recording of the sonar logs did not have a fix.

What source of GPS are you using in your system? Have you checked the performance of the GPS and advise the accuracy of the position - the HDOP and how many satellites are in use?

Sonar logs relies on the GPS for position as well as time and date. Also, if the GPS position is incorrect or there is no fix, then the AXIOM will be unable to recognise the correct date on the chartcard and will indicate that it is out of date and will not be used.

How and where is the AXIOM display fitted? Does it use a metal adapter plate or is it mounted in some form of metallic or conductive surface? Are you using the internal GPS within the AXIOM or an external antenna.

Regards
Derek
03-27-19, 11:53 AM (This post was last modified: 03-27-19 12:19 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hallo Derek
I use the internal GPS. Nothing has changed about the installation or system, in the beginning everything worked perfectly and now suddenly no longer and I have the problems as I reported to you. The Raymarine dealer will come next week to check the system.
Best regards
Marc
03-28-19, 04:35 AM
Hi Marc,
I will check with Sander on the outcome of the visit.
Thanks
Derek
03-28-19, 06:16 AM (This post was last modified: 03-28-19 09:32 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hello Derek,
Thank you
It might be the opportunity to tackle all the problems. My ship is equipped with the latest new Mercury V6 Fourstroke 200 hp engine (June 2018). he is connected to the Raymarine system (Axiom 9) via a Mercury interface ( see attachement ). system has been checked by Paul who installed the Raymarine installation on the ship
It now appears from the beginning that there is a problem with the Fuel Manager (see photos in the attachment), Sander has already reported this several times to Raymarine (UK?). It now appears that with the 3.8.97 software update of January 2019 Raymarine has checked and solved the problem. From the photos (from the month of March) you can see that this is not the case with my installation. The nm and the operating hours are correct. The consumption is going in all directions. Only the total consumption (season) is correct
Regards
Marc

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

.pdf  Interfase Mercury 1.pdf (Size: 744.21 KB / Downloads: 219)
03-28-19, 09:33 AM
H iMarc,
Thank you
I will check with Sander and follow this up Off-line privately with you.
Regards
Derek
04-08-19, 04:19 AM (This post was last modified: 04-08-19 07:38 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hi Derek,
Problems with the Axiom 9 remain. All problems are known at Paul & Sander.
Yesterday I had another malfunction, the screen turned completely black when I was sailing. The voltage was present as the green LED lights up at the start button. Wherever I touched the screen, it always remained black. This is a potentially dangerous situation. I had to take off the main voltage and start it up again, then the plotter started up normally again.

Since 2002 I have had all types of MFD from Raymarine and that is the first time that I have such a malfunction

Regards

Marc
04-08-19, 08:03 AM
Hi Marc,

I will follow up with Sander.
Regards
~Derek