Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG11] Read update just one time?
04-30-19, 08:13 AM (This post was last modified: 04-30-19 01:18 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Question [DG11] Read update just one time?
good morning,

I have to upgrade from 2.60 to 5.69 an e120 on the boat.

I'm doing tests on an already updated e120 at home.

I took a 128 mb cf card formatted in dos fat copied the 2 files extracted from the update.

A curious thing happens, it reads the cartridge only the first time I insert it, if I reboot the gps, extract the card and whatever else restarts the gps doesn't go anymore in the update screen but it starts normally

The only way to revise the update is to format the card again and insert the files again, why?

I wouldn't want this error to stop me from updating the other GPS
thank you

Claudio-Vicenza-Italy
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-01-19, 07:17 AM
RE: [DG11] Read update just one time?
Dear Nautius

Thank you for your enquiry.

The update card can be used numerous times in different displays, in this case you have already updated the unit and so there is no requirement for the E120 classic to reselect the update card??

regards

Derek
05-02-19, 06:14 PM
(05-01-19 07:17 AM)Derek - Raymarine - Moderator Wrote:  Dear Nautius

Thank you for your enquiry.

The update card can be used numerous times in different displays, in this case you have already updated the unit and so there is no requirement for the E120 classic to reselect the update card??

regards

Derek

thanks for your kindly answer derek
actually the test is done on an updated device without proceeding.

unfortunately the apparatus to be updated is on the boat and I cannot currently do the test.

The strange thing is that every time I format the card and insert it into the already updated device the law opens with the update screen to which I do not follow.

If I switch off and on again without doing anything, I can no longer see the card in any way until I reformat it and I think the update software seems strange.

Claudio-Vicenza-Italy
05-03-19, 06:58 AM
Dear Nautius,

Thank you for your post.

Did you successfully perform the SW update on the E120 at home with the current card and downloaded files you have?

I am unsure as to why you are trying to update the unit again?

Are the files still on the CF card when you insert the card in to your computer?

Many Thanks
Louise
05-03-19, 07:05 AM
(05-03-19 06:58 AM)Louise - Raymarine - Moderator Wrote:  Dear Nautius,

Thank you for your post.

Did you successfully perform the SW update on the E120 at home with the current card and downloaded files you have?

I am unsure as to why you are trying to update the unit again?

Are the files still on the CF card when you insert the card in to your computer?

Many Thanks
Louise

Hi Luise,

I don't want to update an already updated device again, it's just a test to see if the card is read because the device to be updated is on the boat far from my house and I don't have a computer available to prepare the update.

The procedure I do is:
Format the card
I copy the 5.69 update files
I remove the card from the PC
I insert the card in e120 and turn it on
I see the update screen and I'm not continuing.
whatever else you do next, (I turn off e120 and remove the tab, I say reboot from the update screen and remove the tab) on the next reboot e 120 is no longer seen update but I have to reformat and recopy the files on pc to review the upgrade screen .

Claudio-Vicenza-Italy