Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axiom Pro Software Update to 3.9.46
05-12-19, 01:51 PM (This post was last modified: 05-13-19 03:21 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Axiom Pro Software Update to 3.9.46
I just updated my Axiom Pro software and I am getting some unfamiliar overlays as my boat moved through Boston Harbor. There are several green solid circles that I had never see before. They were stationery, mostly near dock areas. All dock areas did not have these circles.

The other unfamiliar symbols were rectangular and house shapedl overlays. What was strange they came and went. Some were on land other over the water. Could not guess what they were. Please help

I had turned off all the layline options. I have no sonar and no video. The radar was in standby. One photo is enclosed.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-13-19, 03:27 PM
RE: [CA11] Axiom Pro Software Update to 3.9.46
Carl,

No screen snapshots were attached to your thread. However, based upon the ones that I saw earlier, these are the predicted areas of danger detailed within Chapter 8.6: Collision avoidance of the LightHouse 3.9 Advanced Operation Instructions. As indicated therein, the predicted areas of danger graphics may be displayed or hidden via the command sequence MENU->TARGETS->COLLISION AVOIDANCE->PREDICTED AREAS OF DANGER / AIS TARGETS from within the Chart application.
05-14-19, 05:58 AM (This post was last modified: 05-14-19 07:31 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks. I will check that out if ever sunshine returns to Boston. What generates the collision zones? It is AIS boat traffic? Or other?
05-14-19, 07:32 AM
Carl,

Q. What generates the collision zones? It is AIS boat traffic?
A. Yes. This is fully explained within Chapter 8.6: Collision avoidance of the LightHouse 3.9 Advanced Operation Instructions.