Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Lighthouse 3.3 update.
05-16-19, 11:06 PM (This post was last modified: 05-17-19 10:51 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Question [CA11] Lighthouse 3.3 update.
I have read the Legacy eSeries compatibility statement but am unsure whether my unit is classified as "legacy" and therefore if it can support Lighthouse III.
I have attached Diagnostic data from my system if this helps.
I have actually tried to run the update but the system fails to recognise the .iso file. with "No update files found".

Attached File(s)
.html  Diagnostic_Data_0001_All_Devices_03-07-21_05-17-2019.html (Size: 23.2 KB / Downloads: 933)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-17-19, 10:57 AM
RE: [CA11] Lighthouse 3.3 update.
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Alaska44,

Thanks for including the Diagnostics...html file to assist in clearly identifying the model of MFD owned. Legacy is a term that Raymarine applies to products which are no longer being manufactured. The model of MFD owned is not an eS-Series MFD. Instead, it is an e-Series MFD. LightHouse 3 software cannot be installed within e-Series MFDs. The highest level of software which may be installed within an a/c/e-Series MFD is LightHouse II v19.03.
05-17-19, 06:06 PM
Many thanks for the clarification. That explains why I could not get the update to accept.
Are there likely to be further updates to Lighthouse II or do FLIR now consider this system to also be legacy and therefore in maintenance only mode.
05-20-19, 01:55 PM
Alaska44,

Q. does FLIR now consider this system to also be legacy and therefore in maintenance only mode.
A. Yes, after nineteen software updates (each adding new features to the product) FLIR does now consider the e-Series MFDs to be legacy and therefore no further software updates should be forthcoming. However, should you have peripherals (ex. EV-1 CCU, i70/i70S MFID, etc.) that continue to be manufactured by Raymarine, then software updates for these devices may potentially be released until such time as Raymarine ceases production of these devices and introduces replacement products. The latest available software updates for such devices may be found on the corresponding product's software update web page.