Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] EV100 Autopilot
05-28-19, 05:03 AM (This post was last modified: 06-03-19 03:09 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] EV100 Autopilot
I have been operating my EV100 for two seasons now everything works well on a 35 foot Bayliner except for one small issue. When I activate a waypoint from my computer navigation software (opencpn) the boat overshoots the waypoint by an excessive amount maybe by 30-40 degrees. The boat then gradually returns to the waypoint and maintains the course. Is there a way to reduce this behaviour? Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-03-19, 03:17 PM
RE: [CA11] EV100 Autopilot
colbournee,

The feature which you have described is determined a combination of the following:
- the speed of the vessel, and
- the Response Level setting of the autopilot ... recommend configuring this setting to Performance
- the radius of the arrival circle ... this is configured within the navigation system ... in this case the third party computer navigational application.

The default arrival circle radius setting within Raymarine MFDs is 0.1nm (approx. 600'). For planning hulls operating at speeds at approximately 25kts, this default value works quite well on my own vessel. At slower speeds, the value of the arrival circle radius may be decreased to maintain closer tracking to the desired course line.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply