Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Multiple Axiom MFD's - Networking Question
06-01-19, 02:30 PM (This post was last modified: 06-04-19 10:04 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Multiple Axiom MFD's - Networking Question
If two LH3 version Axioms are networked and have a Quantum Radome and Sonar connected to the "primary" Axiom unit, can the secondary unit share all "data" INDEPENDENTLY?

For instance, can the primary unit be on full page chartplotter while the second Axiom is displaying Radar and sounder?

I know on older Raymarine, the master and data had to show the same scene, but one could control the other.

I want to add a second Axiom so that I can dedicate each screen, but share the charts, sounder and radar information.

Before purchasing, need to be sure this is possible.

I did call to Raymarine and was told this is possible, but I have received incorrect information from support in the past. Best to hear from someone that has two MFD's to be sure this works the way I'd like.

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-04-19, 10:33 AM (This post was last modified: 06-04-19 05:24 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Multiple Axiom MFD's - Networking Question
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum zigzag930,

Q1. If two LH3 version Axioms are networked and have a Quantum Radome and Sonar connected to the "primary" Axiom unit, can the secondary unit share all "data" INDEPENDENTLY?
A1. Raymarine's E-Series Classic MFDs (2004-2005 time frame), compatible MFDs which have been networked to one another via an Ethernet network (SeaTalkhs / RayNet) have been designed to share all system data (GPS, instruments, etc.) and resources (cartography, radar, fishfinder, SiriusXM Satellite Weather, IP cameras, thermal cameras, etc.) (older MFD designs would not share NSTC/PAL video) via this Ethernet communication network. These MFDs did not simply repeat the screen of the other MFD, but were designed to support independent operation with regard to the information displayed. That said, should there only be one of any type of resource within the system (ex. radar, fishfinder, thermal camera, etc.) then any change made to the configuration settings of such resources will be reflected in the display of any other MFD within the system which is currently utilizing that resource.

Finally, Data Pages within MFDs running LightHouse 3 software are shared. Accordingly, some settings changes (ex. cartography source, etc.) will affect the other MFDs within the system, if the same page icon is used to launch the application which one is desiring to view. Accordingly, should one desire to utilize an application in different ways within the system (ex. view LH US NOAA Vector Charts on one MFD and Navionics Charts on another MFD), then it would be recommended that page icons be customized or new page icons be created for each of the Chart application pagess in which different charts are intended to be viewed (ex. customize one Chart page icon to instead be titled appropriately and display LH US Vector charts and another to be titled appropriately and display Navionics charts).
06-04-19, 04:41 PM (This post was last modified: 06-04-19 05:15 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Sorry, but that is the most confusing answer to me. Let me ask for a simple yes and no on two questions given this scenario:

Primary Axiom RV9" has sonar connected and Quantum (via wireless)

Primary Axiom RV9 is connected to secondary Axiom RV7 via Raynet cable.

Secondary Axiom RV7 has no other connections (except RayNav)

Navionics Chip installed in Primary Axiom 9"

1) Can the secondary RV7 display the charts (installed in the RV9) while the RV9 is displaying Sounder and Radar?

2) Can the primary and secondary Axioms show charts at the same time but at different zoom levels?
06-04-19, 05:17 PM
zigzag930,

Q1) Can the secondary RV7 display the charts (installed in the RV9) while the RV9 is displaying Sounder and Radar?
A1) Yes

Q2) Can the primary and secondary Axioms show charts at the same time but at different zoom levels?
A2) Yes.
06-04-19, 05:27 PM (This post was last modified: 06-05-19 07:47 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thank you!
06-05-19, 07:48 AM
You're welcome.