Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] ES78 Not Displaying Est. Fuel Remaining or Trim
06-04-19, 01:09 PM (This post was last modified: 06-04-19 03:16 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] ES78 Not Displaying Est. Fuel Remaining or Trim
Have a Raymarine es78 displaying engine data from a 2017 Yamaha 200, everything appears to work as it should except for fuel and trim. Not worried all that much about trim, I have tried both pink wire hooked up and not hooked up, but neither works. Fuel is more important. I receive MPG as well as GPH, I have set up the fuel manager within the Raymarine, plugged in tank capacity and logged when the tank is full. Fuel used and estimated fuel remaining both don't work. Just shows blank. Not sure what the issue is, but fuel used should be easily derived from gph and time or mpg and distance, both of which are available. Based on the FAQ I understand I can't get tank level display, but estimated should work. Any help would be great.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-04-19, 03:23 PM
RE: [CA11] ES78 Not Displaying Est. Fuel Remaining or Trim
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Hoehn000,

I suspect that if you were to interface a NMEA 2000 analyzer (ex. Actisense NGT-1 with Actisense's free NMEA Reader computer software) to the system, you will likely find that the engine system is not transmitting NMEA 2000 PGN 127497 (Fuel Used). In such system, the operator should select the Fuel Flow Rate option for the Fuel Manager's Fuel Calculation configuration setting.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply