Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Pinouts for RD418W and C90W STHS2 connectors
06-16-19, 12:53 PM (This post was last modified: 06-18-19 03:21 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Pinouts for RD418W and C90W STHS2 connectors
Hello Raymarine support,

I am trying to resolve a "no data source" issue displayed on my C90W when the radar page is selected (power to RD418W has been verified good per the FAQ on this subject). The symptom is when the "scanner on" soft key is pushed to turn the scanner on both the "scanner on" & "scanner off" soft key icons grey out for ~ 15 seconds and then return but the scanner never enters the "scanner on" state. I can push "scanner on" a 2nd 3rd 4th ... time & the above sequence repeats itself.

The C90W STHS2 connector (STHS1 connector is unused) is cabled directly to the RD418W & I would like to verify the Ethernet cabling between the two is good as a next troubleshooting step.

Radar cable is A55077D
SeaTalk HS cable is E55051
These two cables are connected but I am unsure how the crossover is implemented which is the big thing I am trying to determine/verify.

If you could provide info on these connectors & cable wire colors similar to that for SeaTalkNG post which you shared earlier at the link below, it would be very helpful.
http://forum.raymarine.com/showthread.php?tid=611
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-18-19, 03:52 PM
RE: [CA11] Pinouts for RD418W and C90W STHS2 connectors
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum pllewellyn,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how to troubleshoot this issue. Please note that Digital Radar Cables terminated with a RJ45 plug, SeaTalkhs Cables are all straight through cables featuring RJ45 termination are manufactured with T568B termination. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing Testing RayNet, SeaTalkHS Cables, and Digital Radar Cables. Crossover Couplers will cross over the leads as indicated within this article addressing Straight-through, Crossover, and Rollover Wiring.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply